Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135235 | Designers: 11483                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Comments

Last night I was attempting to cook something from a hand-made cookbook that was created by some old friends in RI. Then I thought it would be interesting to propose it as a project to this community. We all have our culinary excentricities, I'm sure. If enough of us in this community contributed a recipe I'm sure it would make for a very interesting cookbook. So, that is what I propose.

Yes, another zine idea. But this is a fairly small production, just to give out to members of this community. Do I have time for this? Barely. Than why do I want to do it? Because I'd like to document the peripheral creativity of such a talented crowd, because I'd like to do something fun for this community. Because I'll be at Flatstock and I can distribute the bulk of them there.

Contributers can adorn their own recipes with images of their choice, recipes are not resticted to any particular diet.

Send me a message if you are interested. If I get no response I'll just take it as a clue to not propose such things to y'all. I just think it would be cool.

-Mark "gotta have a project" Pedini

...meat-shakes!

Comments

If that's your thing scrojo, I'd love to have something from you.

Or how about monkey nut muffins?

Comments

dude, mark...how many of us do you think really cook? i mean, i've read posts where food gets brought up...it ain't pretty! (can you say zatarain's red beans and rice, JERMAINE?)
    i can cook, but i'm not comfortable enough yet to not use someone else's recipe. although, i did adapt a little recipe from skarfing material years ago...the hubcap gasket...or at least, a slight variation of. if you REALLY want it...

Comments

The beauty of the other cookbook I mentioned was that some of the recipes were crazy! Not like something you would find in a "normal" cookbook, these were recipes that were concocted by people with very little money and resources and weird tastes. I will never attempt some of them... others I've attempted have been pleasently surprising. It is interesting the level of successful experimantation and adaptation.

Comments

Like the ol' Thrasher mag recipes (prolly still doin' them) Shit like Peanut butter and beef jerky sandwiches and the like.

Comments

Quote:
    On 2002-08-23 09:39, plastk wrote:
    Like the ol' Thrasher mag recipes (prolly still doin' them) Shit like Peanut butter and beef jerky sandwiches and the like.

hell yes. the hubcap gasket-throw it on a bagel, heat it up in the broiler...ahhh, mmm,mmm good.

Comments

by the way, jason- have you checked this dude out?
    http://www.shove-it-helsinki.com/
    he updated recently.

Comments

I can cook like a mofo. Goremay buddy. Maybe I'll have all you Austin monkey's over when I get back. How about scallops with Mandarin Jalapeno sauce. Or Crawfish bisque and fried cornbread with balsamic crimini mushroom sauce and feta? Eggplant fritters? Ciopino anyone? I don't use recipes or measuring apparatuses though all in my bean may be tough to get in a cook book.

Comments

geoff- you set the time, i'll bring the wine.