Gig Posters

Posters: 154460 | Bands: 134607 | Designers: 11441                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Photoshop - mode multichannel -> RGB ???

Ok, after reading some threads in this section I drew all my colors as channels. Now I need to get it into a format for the printer and even just to pass around like jpeg.

I am at an impass on how to do this. Anyone know how? When I do it, all the colors get screwed up.

Also, I have a few channels with the same color that I did as different channels so i could play when them differently. How do I merge spot channels?

I probably did this all wrong. But I found a way to do it that was a pain. I created and eps fil and reloaded it. I created a new blank RGB image of the same size and cut and pasted each channel in as a layer. Then I did a select by color (ie black) on each layer and filled with the correct color. Then I did an inverse select and cleared out the white to transparent.

To combine like colored channels I cut and pasted between them.

Comments

uhhhhhhhh..............

Comments

I tried, but you lost me...way back there.

Do you need to pass it around in an editable version?

If so maybe you can make a seperate file (for proofing colors) as a jpeg. Then another printable file with the colors (in black) for the printer.

Did I totally misunderstand you? How's it being printed? CMYK? Spot?

I don' t think I just helped.

I created the image by creating spot channels and drawing in each one. Each channel itself is black and white but represents a color. When I was done, I had 8 channels for a 3 color print. When I switched to rgb mode, it went crazy.

I found out that in multchannel mode you can only save as psd (photoshop) or DCS (eps). I know there must be a simple option to convert correctly as I accomplished it doing a very mechanical proceedure.

I just need to understand this tool better. This was my first time using channels and it was pretty cool to work with them and not rely on the filters for everything.

Comments

is it that scary snoopy thing?

Yes it is

Comments

hmm....i think theres a much easier way.

I sure would like to know it.

Premium Member

Comments

The only way I know how to convert a SPOT multichannel file into a RGB or CMYK file is to cut and paste each spot channel into its own Duotone file.

Select 'Monotone' in the 'Type' scroll down menu and specify your the matching pantone color to your original spot color. Then flatten image...'Select All' and copy...then create a new RGB or CMYK file...paste the monotone art (it will fit exactly). Select 'Multiply' for your layer blending option.

Repeat for each spot color...flatten layers and save in what ever format you need. It seems like alot of work, but it goes really fast once you've done it a few times.