Gig Posters

Posters: 155580 | Bands: 135529 | Designers: 11507                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidWolf View Post
    Sorry if I have this in the wrong category. Does anyone have any leads on printing full color glossy posters in the classic style of the Big 'O' posters? What I mean by that is the old school type of posters from 70s/80s, rock and art posters . Nothing "archival" or fine art but the sort of thing you'd find in a headshop 35 years ago.
    I hope this isn't too vague, maybe someone knows what I mean.
    Thanks in advance.
    Are you Erik Roper?

If so call Mauz over at Monolith, I'm pretty sure you've done work with him in the past. He worked in offset shops his entire life until he started Monolith. He may have a good lead for you.

Comments

Thanks, for the NYC info.
    Last edited by LiquidWolf; 07-08-2014 at 12:13 AM.

Premium Member

Comments

Hey, dunno if it helps, but I thought I'd add something. I've been working in a pre-press department for the last 5 or so years and a lot of what I do is setting up jobs for offset runs. There can be huge variations in what you get back from your print guys and it can have a lot to do with how everything is set up at your end and how they interpret that. I would be speaking to the production guys who are in touch with the press operators at which ever company you go with. A 5 minute conversation with someone at their end about exactly what they need from you may help a lot when it comes to getting back what you want.

Hope it all works out well and sorry if this is stuff you already know!
    Skulls on T-shirts and posters and things: www.lamortclothing.com