Gig Posters

Posters: 156080 | Bands: 135803 | Designers: 11529                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Screenprinting Ink for Chew Toys

We have a request to screenprint chew toys for dogs.. just curious if any of you guys have had any experience with this regarding FDA requirements / durability against chewing. The fabric is a 100% heavy cotton canvas. We did a test with Nazdar 9500 series and gave it to a dog for a chew test and it broke down pretty quickly.

Any suggestions?

Comments

I guess start from a point where no ink is safe to eat and work backwards to a point where the only safe ink would be made from food coloring. Most proper chew toys are not printed, their designs are molded into the forms.

My parents last dog died when it ate one of my moms underwear. So even 100% cotton may not be safe, certainly make sure the toy has no elastic bands in it. Your best bet would be to digitally embroider the design on the canvas with cotton thread.

Premium Member

Comments

check with a couple of the specialty ink manufacturers, we did dog treats on rawhide for a client, 10 years back he sourced edible ink, and they use it in baking and decorated food apps.

I wouldn't use 9500.....or anything not certified.

And to have it actually last for more than a good gnaw by a standard dog, I don't know what ink wouldn't come off fairly quick....but then maybe Brooklyn dawgs chew all dainty? Discharge for dawgs?
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.