Gig Posters

Posters: 155313 | Bands: 135336 | Designers: 11496                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Thread: Thank you all!

Comments

Default Thank you all!

I just wanted to say a big thank you to all active helpful members and to Andymac!

TLDR;

I have just about finished my first little screen printing setup with a home built vac table and all. Without all your helpful replies to other beginners like me, as well as some excellent guides and pictures from Squeegeeville I would never have gotten this far so fast.

My setup is just about complete and I have started testing and practicing. Of course I'm making mistakes and I get ideas for improvements in both technique and setup as i go along, but the table is great.

I partially sound insulated a vacuum cleaner and found some fittings for plumping that fittet 100%.

My main problem so far is getting WB inks of sufficient opacity. I can see from the forums that I’m not the only european with the same problem, but there just doesn't seem to be the same supply here as in the U.S. And the cost of shipping plus taxes etc makes it too expensive to import.
    I have a couple of paint samples on the way which i look forward to, but after much thought i think i will begin experimenting with some sort of homebrewed paint. I’m not trying to reinvent the wheel though:
    I didn’t know anything about it when i started this project, but it turns out that i’m almost neighbour to a retired gentleman who has owned a silkscreen company all his working life and who is very enthusiastic about my little project.

Pretty crazy coincidence in a small town of 700 ppl on a remote island

Here a a few pictures from when i made the table and my “studio”

look forward to signing up for a premium account as soon as I'm over a minor financial meltdown.

Augustin
    Werkz

PS: It isn't me you can glimpse in the pics. Its my friend who helped me build the vac table.

Comments

Looking good! I share your sentiment, this forum has been a huge help over the years. I wouldn't be nearly as far along as I am without it. Have fun, and keep it up!

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

now that's a great first posting!
    pöster | müsic | posterkrauts ja

»You're funny... for a German.« – Crosshair

Comments

nice

-loco

Premium Member

Comments

Quick question: That light on the arm over your printing station; is that how you expose your screens?

Premium Member

Comments

Looking good.

Comments

Thanks for the nice comments.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyD View Post
    Quick question: That light on the arm over your printing station; is that how you expose your screens?
    Yes: I don't have enough desk space so I have a cheap architect lamp mounted on the ceiling over the printing station. When I expose my screens I just lower it to the correct height and use a foam inset and a sheet of glass for good contact. I have small timer relay to switch off the light.

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Werkz View Post
    Yes: I don't have enough desk space so I have a cheap architect lamp mounted on the ceiling over the printing station. When I expose my screens I just lower it to the correct height and use a foam inset and a sheet of glass for good contact. I have small timer relay to switch off the light.
    That is freaking genius.

Premium Member

Comments

That's a mighty handsome studio space! Great job.
    justinsantora.com
    a letter of resignation

"put the immersion on your mensch with a scrub-coaster. then print with a 70 durometer skyguy"
    -Steve W

Premium Member

Comments

No flies on this guy.....get printing!
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.