Gig Posters

Posters: 154331 | Bands: 134496 | Designers: 11430                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Default Printing on Feathers

Hullo, all!

I have a random question for the peanut gallery. I was just approached about possibly screen printing on some feathers (the details are on their way to me via email - what kind of feather, design, etc.), but I was wondering if anyone has done anything like this and can offer some advice/general knowledge. I've only ever worked on textiles and paper, and to be honest, this kind of terrifies me.

Thanks!

Comments

You can do it. The biggest issues you will have the that the quill/shaft/rachis is at a different dimension then the rest of the feather. So there will be no way to print an all over image and not have skipping and voids near this part. Another issue is that it will be nearly impossible to hold down the feather while printing. Most likely you will have to tape the quill end of the feather to the bed before printing. You will also most likely have to print a piece of paper after printing each feather in order to get any unprinted ink and feather pattern out before moving onto the next feather. So bid the job accordingly.

Awesome. Thanks so much! I'll definitely do that.

Premium Member

Comments

Wow that sounds like an incredibly hard job. How detailed is the image? Would be easier to just get a stencil made and then spray paint the feathers? I don't know, just can't wrap my head around printing on feathers.