Gig Posters

Posters: 154337 | Bands: 134496 | Designers: 11430                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Default Online Canadian Paper/ Ink suppliers... mostly paper!

Hi, I'm kinda of new to screen printing gig poster. I'm printing mostly garment for a good time, also printed cardboard but no real art gig poster that needed to last. I'm living in the north of the Quebec/Canada over 700km from a big city with paper and ink suppliers so I need to find some online. I know curry's, Above ground and other place to get speedball or event nazdar but would be interessed to know where canadian people buy there ink online, TW if possible in Canada.

PAPER : I've done search about Cougar or French Paper but I haven't been able to find a place online in Canada who sell some (U.S. online seller are welcome to). There is spicer but minimum order is 500$ and for my first order of paper I'm not willing to spend this much. So where does Canada people buy there paper online? It can be any kind but if possible 100lb or more and acid-free.There is no offset printer or artstore or nothing in my area that use those kind of paper so I really hope to find a supplier online, please help!

Comments

French paper isn't worth the cost to get it here, in my opinion. We mostly print on Stonehenge from Curry's, although we've been trying out some Rives and Canson papers lately.

We get R2O water-based inks from Ryonet in the USA -- even with shipping, tax, and duty, some of their supplies are cheaper than ordering from Canadian suppliers. We also order gallons of Speedball acrylic from Aboveground (white in particular).

Thanks for the answer. I have finaly order a lot of Speedball acrylic ink and some cougar paper from aboveground. Best deal I have found so far for online in Canada. Freee shipping for order over 200$ and since I live really far it make a big diff They have cougar in White 20X26 100lbs, Natural 80LBS. I have order both with some Pegasus Black 80LBS and even some bristol Red 4ply. I let you know how I like them when they get here. I will also try some Stonehenge in my next order from Cury's.
    We get R2O water-based inks from Ryonet in the USA
    Funny I just order the R2O mixing system from Ryonet yesterday for our garment screen printing need (plastisol shop slowly moving to waterbase). I have read mixed review with those ink on paper, how do they work for you jonkeefe? I was planning mainly to use them for t-shirt but I will alos give it a try on paper.

Comments

They're great on paper. We went the opposite way for fabric; printing water-based on fabric is a fucking nightmare, especially on long runs or with opaque inks. Babying the ink really kills production speed.