Gig Posters

Posters: 154460 | Bands: 134610 | Designers: 11442                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member
    Comments

Default frames with pop in screens?

When I first started printing a few years ago, a supply store I did business with was selling what I thought a pretty nice frame set up.

It involved a freestanding metal frame, pop in screens that were very easy to remove and replace, and a tool to do this with.

The screens had long tabs sewn into each side, slightly smaller than the side of the frame to which they sat adjacent.

The tool's handle acted as a lever, and to work the arrangement, you would seat the tab on one side of the frame, , seat the opposing tab in the tool, rest the tool on the frame and pop that tab in.

Then you 'd do the same with the remaining tabs.

Unfortunately, there was some sort of patent dispute, and the design became unavailable for a good while.

Every once in a while, I'd call this supply shop to find out if the situation had been resolved, as I had several frames, and few replacement screens. Until recently I was told that that setup was still in limbo.

On my last call I was told that the dispute had been settled one way or another. But when I asked about getting new replacement screens, i was told that this shop was not doing business with the current supplier, since they felt that the prices were too high. Somewhat understandably, the shop owner did not seem inclined to give me contact information for the people handling the units these days.

However, also understandably, I'd like to find a source for the screens, and make up my own mind as to whether this still works for me.

So if anyone knows about this kind of setup, and where I can contact someone about, I'd really appreciate that information.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Jim Benson

Comments

Seems you need to switch to one of the many systems like this that aren't in a patent dispute.

Premium Member
    Comments

@squeegee3 From the last time I spoke with the supply store, it was my understanding that the patent dispute had been resolved, and if so I'd like to continue with what I have since 1 have 10+ frames.

If this is not possible, I might be interested in looking at similar systems if you can direct me to them.

Thnaks,

Jim

Comments

If you want our help finding these then you should probably post the brand name and post some pics.

Premium Member

Comments

We have the greenscreens available.

GreenScreen Restretchable screen system | TMI Screenprinting

https://www.facebook.com/GreenscreenUsergroup

not sure if these are the ones you are talking about. there are some other systems out now too. these are from Sefar.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

Nice,..I have some Newman Roller frames I need to re-stretch

-loco

Comments

Greenscreens sound like the ones you're talking about. We have a few, they're great.

Premium Member
    Comments

This looks exactly like what I have.

I've just ordered a half dozen screens, and am hoping the tool and frames I have are compatible. If not, I'll get your frame, tools etc.

One thing I will say, though. It's very true that the changeover process is all but instantaneous when you know how to do it. But, when I only change a screen every few months, I have to relearn all over again, and (maybe, I'm a klutz), but I spend a ridiculous amount of time holding the tool this way and that, working the tool this way and that. Once I do geet it, I say, "Oh, of course!" But getting to that point is maddening.

I'm thinking of adding some of the larger frames and screens, but I'm curious about the largest images I can reasonably get from those. I've always tended to leave 3 1/2 inches of mesh between frame and image, but I know that others print closer.

If you had either a video of pictures, it would be much easier for me, and perhaps others.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Benson View Post
    If you had either a video of pictures, it would be much easier for me, and perhaps others.

Premium Member

Comments

there's a video on the greenscreen user group link I posted above if you want to see how they work. Those guys from India got it down!
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.