Gig Posters

Posters: 156255 | Bands: 135947 | Designers: 11547                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Thread: Homemade ink

Comments

Default Homemade ink

Hello,Im new here.So my question is a bit of strange but hope will be interesting.It is a little bit kind of technical chalange.I want to make real metal ink as the inks used in printing industry with containing of metal particles.For this purpose I want to buy aluminium powder and mix it with some ordinary ink.The technical problem is that my wish for that ink is to work with casual pen,or pen-roll or some kind of stylo.So I'm amateur in chemistry.Could you please tell me the easiest possible way about producing that kind of ink working with casual pens containing aluminium pigment(aluminium powder or paste) and the correct proportions of ingredients and right way to do all that stuff.Thank you!

Premium Member

Comments

Wouldn't it just be easier to buy a metallic sharpie?

Comments

Does it really contain what I really looking for ? If this stuff is full with aluminium powder you are my man ! : )

Comments

Uni-Paint Pens come in the metallics you want. They are Opaque oil-based markers and very metallic. Also google Sanford Gold Coat metallic markers.

Comments

my only condition is the availability of aluminum powder or paste.It's verry important to contain real metal particles : ) If some of thoose pens agrees to that condition I will take it

Comments

Ok, I agree about something like a Sharpie silver for instance but cuz I'm from Bulgaria and as a I know there is no official distributor of this product in my country could you tell me some manifactoring way for that kind inkmaking at home?