Gig Posters

Posters: 156383 | Bands: 135985 | Designers: 11550                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Comments

Ive read in a couple places that the Murakami Photocure Pro requires a hardener for long water based print runs. is this true?

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgate Industries View Post
    Ive read in a couple places that the Murakami Photocure Pro requires a hardener for long water based print runs. is this true?
    like here: Dual Cure Emulsions | Murakami Screen

Comments

I think their definition of long water based runs is 1000+ impressions.

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgate Industries View Post
    Not in my experience. I've used it for runs of 3000+ and it only needed patching at wear points (paper corners, etc)

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Andymac View Post
    my supplier was selling me gallons, but giving me 4 smaller bottles of diazo measured for a quart.

So i would just pour off and activate as needed.
    This is what I've been doing with Ulano QLT for a little while now. I got a quart of QLT to test out and weighed the full container before using any of it. Now I just order gallons and pour off into a quart container until I hit that same weight, add a small quart bottle of diazo and I'm good to go. Had to explain to my distributor what I was trying to do, but they got it after a little explanation and didn't have a problem sending the four smaller bottles of diazo instead of one bigger bottle. The Ulano QLT with diazo added is really tough stuff. Stands up to water based poster ink, water based textile ink, and water based discharge textile ink which is brutal stuff on most emulsion.

Premium Member

Comments

the hardener is for long long runs, and you usually can't reclaim the screens.

hand printing you won't have issues, and even on a semi auto...what Crosshair said.

I think most dual cure emulsions perform well, but some have smaller exposure windows, murikami seems to be wide.

I had an interesting talk with the guy who used to run Ulano's lab, I'm revisiting the whole solar exposing thing and we are trying to figure out a simple test method to determine exposure time....it came up that with a diazo emulsion, once the proper exposure is reached, the emulsion won't change colour any more. The trick for making good screens to ensure you hit this point of full exposure. So many people underexpose, and with dual cure, it's easy to think you have a decent exposure, but that's the photopolymer talking - it exposes quicker than the diazo, which is what changes colour, and gives the emulsion its water resistance.
    Try not to underexpose. And with a full exposure, wash the shit out of both sides to make sure you have a nice stencil.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.