Gig Posters

Posters: 156255 | Bands: 135947 | Designers: 11547                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default A 100% opaque white for Poster printingn on black paper??

I was wondering if anyone knows of a 100% opaque white for black paper printing. We run TW Graphics Ink Hi-Hide white 5500 Series but that is not white enough for our client so we I said the other alternative is to print on white paper. Just checking to see if anyone knows of a flat series ink that can achieve 100% opacity in one pass on a black sheet of paper?

Comments

Union's AreoTex is the whitest WB ink I've encountered but it's pretty thick and will need an opera mesh.
    Here are some options for getting a better white...

Check the tension of your screen. One hit white you want your screen at the max tension you can get.

Beef up your stencil. Try coating your screen letting the emulsion dry completely, then coating it again. Depending on the graphic you can get 20% more ink down with a increase in emulsion thickness (your exposure times will have to increase btw)

Double pull the white. A wet on wet pass of the ink will be brighter, better yet is wet on dry.

Switch to coarser mesh.

Print with a softer squeegee.

Print slower.

Lower your peel.

Premium Member

Comments

I've done double hits before. Print. Dry. Reprint. Whitest white. Also... I use a 110 or 156 mesh.