Gig Posters

Posters: 156255 | Bands: 135961 | Designers: 11547                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Looking for clear poster storage sleeves

I am looking for clear rigid storage sleeves for posters. They are just like the clear holders for baseball cards only larger for posters. They are top loading and rigid. Cardboard or foam core inserts aren't needed with the kind I am looking for. Any leads on where to get them would be appreciated.

Premium Member

Comments

Those things are not cheap!

Comments

With the ones that are linked to cause any damage to prints over the years?

Not cheap, but a pretty great way to have a lot of posters on display in a flip box. way better than them not getting seen at all in a flat file. I'm gonna pick a bunch up next time i have an extra $500 laying around.

Premium Member

Comments

I'd be a bit concerned about the wear and tear on these. Constant handling could mean lotsa scratching and the inevitable "fogging" of the sleeve. $500 is a lot to spend on something that is better suited for archival purposes rather than everyday handling.

I think Galerie F uses these or a similar product. I'd get their input on it before dropping a dime.

Premium Member

Comments

slight hijack, but what do most use for bagging/wrapping prints in their bins?

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by lil_tuffy View Post
    I'd be a bit concerned about the wear and tear on these. Constant handling could mean lotsa scratching and the inevitable "fogging" of the sleeve. $500 is a lot to spend on something that is better suited for archival purposes rather than everyday handling.

I think Galerie F uses these or a similar product. I'd get their input on it before dropping a dime.
    Totally good thought about the fogging and scratching. My hope is that just a little display flip box of them in my living room won;t get enough movement to really do that. If i had them in the retail area of my office or were taking them to flatstocks i doubt i'd drop the cash on them.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Weird Beard 72 View Post
    slight hijack, but what do most use for bagging/wrapping prints in their bins?
    I used to use poly bags from uline with a cardboard back. it seemed to work fine and was really cheap.

Comments

I've always done foamcore backing in a sealable Uline crystal clear bag. But those rigid top holders are cool, loved those for trading cards back in the day. Might have to try it out.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by andydiesel View Post
    With the ones that are linked to cause any damage to prints over the years?

Not cheap, but a pretty great way to have a lot of posters on display in a flip box. way better than them not getting seen at all in a flat file. I'm gonna pick a bunch up next time i have an extra $500 laying around.
    That would actually be pretty badass to have a homestyle flip display in a wooden bin at home. For funsies.