Gig Posters

Posters: 155148 | Bands: 135201 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Default R.I.P. Dark Horse Star Wars Comics

After over 20 years, Dark Horse have lost their license to publish Star Wars comics as from 2015. Disney have given the license back to Marvel, who originally produced Star Wars comics in the late 70's and early 80's. Coincidentally enough, Disney also now owns Marvel aswell as Lucasfilm - would you believe it? Dark Horse have the rest of the year to wrap up existing storylines. In the final comic, we will see the CEO of Dark Horse piloting an X-Wing on his own. He is approaching what he believes to be the Death Star, although it's not one but three Death Stars. Upon approach, it is revealed that it's simply just a hot air balloon in the shape of the Mickey Mouse head Disney logo. The end.

Premium Member

Comments

In the final comic, we will see the CEO of Dark Horse piloting an X-Wing on his own. He is approaching what he believes to be the Death Star, although it's not one but three Death Stars. Upon approach, it is revealed that it's simply just a hot air balloon in the shape of the Mickey Mouse head Disney logo. The end.
    If that doesn't actually happen in the last comic I'm going to be really disappointed.

Premium Member

Comments

f'n disney, making business decisions based on what makes sense to their bottom line.

Whatever happened to corporate monopoly laws?? I thought that it was supposed to be "illegal" for one giant globocorp to buy up everything and everyone in their wake. Of course, I suppose that a) I don't understand what the hell I'm talking about to begin with, b) there are plenty of legal loopholes (such as "Disney is buying up brands, not companies") and c) shut up, me.

But most importantly...fuck Disney.

Premium Member

Comments

he who has the gold makes the rules
    soylent green is people

Premium Member

Comments

dark horse had a cool booth at portland's comic con last weekend. the cool thing about DH, they pretty supportive (as far as i know) of creator owned stuff, things like hellboy and sin city, while published by DH, are still owned by their creators.

plus i was able to get Dark Horse's Randy Stradley to sign my copy of Boris the Bear. pretty awesome.

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by kustomkitten View Post
    Whatever happened to corporate monopoly laws?? I thought that it was supposed to be "illegal" for one giant globocorp to buy up everything and everyone in their wake. Of course, I suppose that a) I don't understand what the hell I'm talking about to begin with, b) there are plenty of legal loopholes (such as "Disney is buying up brands, not companies") and c) shut up, me.

But most importantly...fuck Disney.
    I'm guessing it's not considered a monopoly because they're not the only source for any one product or service. Plenty of alternative sources for comics or entertainment. I'm sure Disney would argue they are diversifying their business. But where's Dan Macadam? Isn't he the economics major?

Comments

fuck disney, and fuck the comic industry most of all.

Comments

i'm a disney fan, but this really bums me out.