Gig Posters

Posters: 156080 | Bands: 135803 | Designers: 11529                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member
    Comments

Default In-line T-shirt press. Anyone ever built/used one?

Happy New Year folks!

Apologies if this gets asked every half hour, but I just came across this:
    T-Shirt Forums - Line Table Systems

anyone ever used or built one of these things?
    Any thoughts on advantages/disadvantages?

saludos,

Matt

If you are doing a one color design, it isn't that bad. Off contact is very difficult to achieve using this method. I first used an In-Line press that was given. It took me a lot of time to get through a large quantity of shirts. If you are into just doing a small order, or just t-shirts I guess this can be good for you.

Comments

I worked at a place that had an 11 station automatic press. It was huge, but it ran well. One (or two) loaders, one unloader at the conveyer, one packer. Keeps everyone in one spot. I guess the line system is a step up from a multi station manual press, but if you want big numbers an automatic is really the way to go.

Comments

That thing is garbage. get something like a 4 station t-shirt press. Like a Hopkins

-loco

Comments

Comments

I gotta say, we have a 4-station 6-color carousel and we don't use a loader/unloader when printing t-shirts.

Sure, it gets the work done slightly faster, but you're doubling/tripling your wages spent on the job. Great if you're in a time crunch but a waste of time otherwise. Either the printer ends up standing around waiting for shirts to get loaded, or the loader stands around waiting for the printer to lay down the 2nd/3rd/4th colors.

Besides, it's not THAT difficult to keep your hands clean

Comments

Presses that small are really only for the convenience of having all the screens in place.. not really speed. If you have an order large enough to warrant any automated press, then you should have an automated press before you accept the order. Its NICE to have a large run of anything.... but after a certain point (into the 100's) your start losing money on any manual press... or more correctly, you are not getting the best utilization of your resources.

The inline method would outperform any manual press money/performance wise. In a circular manual press you will always have something to wait for... a spot cure, loader. Inline separates all those function to be independent of each other. It would not work well if you only had say 20 shirts in line... but most have 50+ laid out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo32FKXAOoM

24 shirts, 5 colors, 2 employees, less than 4 minutes
    Last edited by wwii_inks; 01-07-2014 at 11:18 AM.

Comments

Got for it,..what the hell do I know

loco
    Last edited by loco; 01-07-2014 at 11:59 AM.

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Yeah... but what's the prepress set-up time on something like that?

Premium Member

Comments

gotta preregister screens for autos, or any multicolour setup really, if you are going to make speed. Simple alignment jig, $3000 M&R trilock not needed....

the inline method is cheaper to set up if you have lots of room and lots of labour, compared to going and buying a 6 colour carousel or an automatic. A lot of these places you see in the inline vids are in places where that is all that's available/no capital/3rd world sweatshop.... Not everyone can order from ryonet
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.