Gig Posters

Posters: 159585 | Bands: 138429 | Designers: 11709                 
       RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Cool Thinning INKTECH STP SERIES with Paint Thinner?

Hello! New to the forum, long-time screen printer here. I'm wondering about Inktech's Satin Poster series. I've inherited a gigantic quantity of the stuff and it's been stashed away in storage for a few years; it's become quite thick (I remember when I first got it, it was pretty loose).

I know you're supposed to use their brand of thinner for extending/cleaning, but what terrible thing would happen if you just used paint thinner/varsol/turpentine or the like? Just curious. If anyone who has experience with this brand of solvent inks could give me some advice, I'd appreciate it.

Premium Member

Van Isle BC Canada

only one way to find either goes like cottage cheese, or it mixes. try a small bit, and then print it.

the reality...if you have a whole lot of ink, buy some proper thinners. You don't use the thinner for cleaning. Get some decent washup for solvent inks, franmar or similar.

Todo es empezar.

For sure. I've definitely got proper thinner too, I'm just wondering about the cheaper options mostly out of curiosity, and because I have a project coming up where I'm thinking of using the inks for a purpose other than screenprinting and just wanted to do a bit deeper research than my small-batch tests with the varsol/paint thinner etc.

Thanks for your reply!