Gig Posters

Posters: 156080 | Bands: 135806 | Designers: 11531                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Selling posters at the Gig day of the Gig

Just a quick question for all you.

I just did 100 signed and numbered screen printed poster for X and The Blasters at a local venue. I gave them 30 posters that they sold on there merch table.

My question is would it be ok or would you think the band would go for you selling the posters at the venue day of the venue after they sell the 30% of the run. The reason why I ask is. I took my poster to them and they sold
    ok before the show. After the gig was over they all sold like super fast and I could help but think man if I had my posters there selling after they sold out of there 30 I would have sold alot of them. Just not sure how the band would feel about it.

-loco

Comments
    Items for Sale

I have literally never not done that for a local show, and I have absolutely never had any problems with the band. Usually we throw them all into merch and I become an extra merch person (so sell both their regular stuff and the posters), and then I get my 80% from them afterwards, and if I ever want some merch I'll get it. This makes the most sense because, in my experience, people rarely buy just my posters and it's a pain to have them do two separate transactions for both parties. But even the few times the band's wanted to keep it separate they've had zero problems with me being there and selling posters they're getting a very small cut of, even the touring managers that were assholes in every other way.

Comments

They made a nice amount and now I'm selling a poster one here and there, when I know if I had the rest on the merch table I could have come away with a nice amount of cash. Just wondering if any of you have done this before. The band was super cool and next time I need asks if they are cool with it.

-loco

Comments
    Items for Sale

When I did an X poster it wasn't for a local show, but from what I know of them I'm sure they'd be cool with it. I've never had the slightest problem with asshole managers, much less the great people they are. And yeah, I always make a really pretty penny off of doing that on local shows, more than enough that I don't even mind fronting the cost of printing and taking a much larger share of the profits.