Gig Posters

Posters: 155629 | Bands: 135530 | Designers: 11505                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Thread: Cheap paper?

Default Cheap paper?

I'm still learning to screen print and as a student I have to do a lot of sketches/prototypes, I'm just burning money on stonehenge and arches 88. Is there a good "rough draft" quality white paper I can test on that won't wrinkle up with wet ink?

Comments
    Items for Sale

Ah yes, Stonehenge and Arches, I remember those. There are definitely cheaper alternatives, though you can't buy individual sheets. Cougar is a favorite around here, definitely my go-to for white cover. You can get it from papers-papers.com and it's like a dollar and a half a sheet. French Paper (dot com) is another favorite, which is more expensive but you can get them in a lot of different colors. I tend to use that as I don't like to print on white much. Make sure to get 100lb either way. I prefer both of those for screenprinting to any of the fancy papers people tend to use in art schools.

Comments

Most major cities have a materials recycling program for artists. You can often get very nice free paper and other materials through such a place. Ours is called Materials for the Arts. Materials for the Arts

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Paper snobbery is one of many ways academia keeps art elitist. You don't have to play that game.
    Cougar 100# is good printing paper; very smooth, ph-neutral, dimensionally stable, cheap, and available anywhere.

Comments

Academia fails to keep art elitist as they keep on churning out art students. I think elite art collectors keeps art elitist.
    Cotton trumps alpha cellulose but there's no need to blow your wad over it.

Thank you, that is great. My local art store is going to miss my wallet, the owner runs the place and I goan inside whenever she rushes over to welcome me. She will definitely notice the next time I come and go without buying paper.