Gig Posters

Posters: 155569 | Bands: 135490 | Designers: 11505                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Premium Member

Comments

Exclamation Getting Better Blacks

Hi all, I assume this has probably been covered somewhere before however when I was looking I never read and exact response on this specifically. I know a lot of people at house paint base to their black inks to get them thicker and darker. Is any standard latex base going to work and also, does the finish in each paint effect the black a lot? I'd like to get a hi-gloss black if I could so common sense is telling me to get a quart of hi-gloss and use it as transparent extender in my ink mixture? Also, are the specific brands that people are having better results with? I've heard "Behr" thrown around on here before...
    ~ "Always whole-hearted, never half-assed."

Site: www.halfhazardpress.com
    Posters: 1/2 Hazard Press | Online Store

Premium Member
    Comments

Or you could just order Nazdar 2700 Black and be done with it . . . and it will print better, and it's so glossy it looks wet, plus it's not that expensive, only downside is it doesn't get you high.
    POSTER & STICKERS SCREEN PRINTING IN CANADA
    http://www.ironcladgraphics.com

Comments

You won't get a true high gloss with any of the waterbased products available. If you want the richest highest gloss black you can get then print Nazdar 59000 series black with a primer coat of whatever first underneath so it doesn't sink into the paper fibers.

Premium Member

Comments

Well for anyone who's interested, we ended up going for it. Made a mixture of 50/50 with Acrylic Latex, Hi-Gloss Enamel and our ink pigment. Printed a sleek, satin black finish on black paper. We'd order Nazdar but for some reason they always try to charge us a shit ton of money and we're a DIY start-up in a basement, and plus the job was due today... anyways, thanks for the advice
    ~ "Always whole-hearted, never half-assed."

Site: www.halfhazardpress.com
    Posters: 1/2 Hazard Press | Online Store