Gig Posters

Posters: 154807 | Bands: 134843 | Designers: 11467                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member

Comments

Default Indoor booth setups / Poster Displays

Tried digging around for the right threads, sorry if this is a repeat... Does anyone have good ideas for indoor booth setups?

Last time around I had big cardboard sheets that I propped together, but it made the booth space (8x10) pretty dark and I was afraid of it falling over. I'm not sure yet whether I'll be on a carpeted surface are hard floor. I know they'll be room for tables too. I was thinking of potentially creating some kind of frame out of PVC pipes to hang/suspend poster rows from... but it's just a rough thought.

Any good indoor booth setup / poster display advice?
    Paloma Chavez :: Graphic Designer
    Flickr :: Tumblr :: AIM pchavez923

Premium Member

Comments

are you talking about a one-time set up or something that you can use over and over? might help some people answer your question.

Premium Member

Comments

Ah, good call. Something that I could use over and over would be ideal. This is for a one day show, so set up and tear down are important to be fairly simple.

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Or like hire a bunch of metal heads to just stand their and hold them. Pay them with pizza and beer.

Comments

Get your self a pop-up canopy...
    Shop Shade Tech 8-ft W x 10-ft L Retangular Green Steel Pop-Up Canopy at Lowes.com
    wrap 3 sides in some of that orange netting and use some clothes pins to hold your posters on.
    HDX 4 ft. x 100 ft. Orange Barrier Fence-998044 at The Home Depot
    Netting, Cargo Netting, Sport Netting, Safety Netting, Rope Netting
    For $120 you have a booth for indoors and out.

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

I highly recommend doing your research on the pop-up tents... many end-up being single use because they suck so bad.

Nate Duval has been using another alternative to the netting. I want to check that out.

Comments

Point taken. My parents have a higher end Eureka pop-up tent that while expensive at the time has lasted them 20 years of summer use.

This one is pretty nice and it looks like you wouldn't have to have the top on for an indoor event.
    http://store.eurekatent.com/portable-canopy
    Last edited by squeegeethree; 10-22-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Premium Member

Comments

We have a bunch of 2' PVC we use for indoor events. What's awesome about it is that you can configure it to whatever space you get. Sometimes you get a narrow space but can take advantage of high ceilings, sometimes you get a deep space and can make side walls, etc. It doesn't look as awesome as the mesh walls we have for our tent, but it's super flexible and we can fit a shit ton of it in a suitcase.

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by ittybittypress View Post
    We have a bunch of 2' PVC we use for indoor events. What's awesome about it is that you can configure it to whatever space you get. Sometimes you get a narrow space but can take advantage of high ceilings, sometimes you get a deep space and can make side walls, etc. It doesn't look as awesome as the mesh walls we have for our tent, but it's super flexible and we can fit a shit ton of it in a suitcase.
    So, SO good to know!!! Thanks so much for the tip. Thanks everyone else to. Gonna start looking into all options, I'll update this with photos once I figure out what it will official turn out to be. Thanks again