Gig Posters

Posters: 154337 | Bands: 134496 | Designers: 11430                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Default What Kind of Ink to use for poster printing at home.

I work in a screen printing shop. We work on textiles mostly and when we do signs and such we use some pretty harsh smelling inks and chemical cleaners.
    I want to start doing my own posters at home in a studio I've yet to assemble. I'm wondering what kind of inks do most poster printers use when they work in their homes. I don't want to stink up the joint is what I'm saying.
    Any recommendations for low odour inks and cleaners?

Comments

People usually start with using Speedball acrylics then move up the food chain to Golden and Daler-Rowney before finally graduating to TW graphics.

Premium Member

Comments

Speedball is great to start with. I don't like the speedball black, so I use Jaquard or blend it with speedball black.

Premium Member

Comments

Any water based (not water soluble) inks. Speedball, Blick store brand, etc.

Comments
    Items for Sale

I print at home and generally use Speedball. Blick isn't too bad but their white sucks. For black I actually find textile is less shitty to deal with, at least at the lower levels of brands.

Thanks folks!

Premium Member

Comments

I use some Nazdar Aqua-Series...and I'm staying pretty loyal to that. I've had clogging/drying issues with other inks...this one has always been smooth. Plus, I grew up skating this spot called Devil's Ditch in GA - a hidden little drainage ditch behind some big building with a Nazdar sign on it - had no clue what it was. Imagine my surprise, 10 years later, when I find out that they make my ink of choice. Written in the stars, man...