Gig Posters

Posters: 155148 | Bands: 135183 | Designers: 11479                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Help with printing a varnish layer (gloss)

hey there,

I've done this before with success, but it was a long time ago and i forget which gloss i used.
    Do you have a recommendation for me?
    I want to print a final layer of gloss in an open rectangle to cover the whole image.
    Should i use speedball gloss medium? or go for a golden product? or something else?
    I feel like I used golden before, but i can't remember.

Thanks for your help

Comments

None of the acrylic glosses are very glossy. Also they take forever to dry so be careful when stacking your prints. I would recommend you get some clear gloss enamel instead. It is not only 3 times as glossy but when it's dry it's dry. Remember that no matter how glossy your varnish is it has to land on areas already printed with ink to be gloss. If it lands on raw paper the ink will be absorbed and turn matte.

Comments

this is an official piggy backing of thread. I am printing speedball black on top of bright yellow. Its speedball, so a tad sucky. Can I mix the speedball 'Gloss Acrylic Overprint Varnish' in WITH the ink?

Comments

Yes you can mix it together but it will limit the strengths of each of them.