Gig Posters

Posters: 155580 | Bands: 135526 | Designers: 11507                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Premium Member

Comments

Default Film positive role call

I've been searching the site and reading threads for a while. I believe we're past due for a rundown.

I'm almost out of Fixxons, I print with an Epson 7900. Great films. Never had a problem.

I do however see banding (on the light table) every time, and some spots that aren't as opaque. I've only gone up to 50lpi halftones so far, no problem. Photo black ink migrated significantly. Matte black is crisp and looks like the bomb off of lights.

I've got 13 different profiles I've tried and a few seem to give the best results. My go-to is presently Enhanced Matte paper, black ink only (one of a few media types you can choose that enable the option).

I have not perceived a difference fuxing with drying time, color density, or suction. If I print bitmaps through Illustratior as registration (CMYK = 100/100/100/100) it gets damn dense, but it's no good for halftones because there's bigtime dotgain.

I'd like to get the best I can (without converting to BlackMax or buying a RIP), even if I decide it's only worthwhile for some crazy LPI or dither. I swear there was a film that Luther mentioned as being topshelf but I can't seem to scare it up.

What are you using, film and printer? How's it working? Where do you buy it? What are your settings?
    Last edited by kylewbaker; 08-29-2013 at 09:45 AM.
    bakerprints.com | BP GP | BP twatter | BP facespace
    Quote Originally Posted by crosshair View Post
    Kyle travels through time to help people. What the fuck do you do?

Comments

I'm using "Inkjet Film" that I get in rolls from TW graphics. I think it's actually Accublack by Chromaline. Regardless it's a great film at a great price (You want to try an awesome film try AccuArt from Chromaline it can take all color nozzles on full and dry without dripping but it is pricey)
    I'm still sticking to film output with an Epson 9600 even though I have a 9800. The 9600 is slower but it has a dedicate film setting and it does a great job of making dense blacks always.

Comments

Luther, what do you pay for a roll of 24"

Ive been using the Ulano picgment/Dye film

Comments

I only buy the 44" rolls from TW but you get a discount if you buy 5 or more rolls so that's what I do.