Gig Posters

Posters: 154224 | Bands: 134485 | Designers: 11430                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Premium Member

Comments

Default What kind of dehumidifier do you use?

Looks like we might need a dehumidifier in our shop to help speed screen drying what brands, do any of you use or recommend? Been reading a lot of bad reviews on Amazon so I thought I'd get some feedback from those that are using it for what I actually need it for instead.

Comments

mine is a DeLonghi 50 pint Dehumidifier!

Premium Member

Comments

I've got a gree 75 pint with a pump line to get the water in the drain. While it works great for the humidity, it creates a lot of heat and now I have to consider an AIRconditioner in the basement studio.
    Last edited by Ripley; 08-24-2013 at 11:00 PM. Reason: the words "air conditioner" were being spammed with a link

Premium Member
    Comments

Danby, small and big in different rooms. One drains into a 5 gallon jug (empty once a day in the summer) the other I just empty by hand probably once every few days if it's running all the time. The bigger one has been running daily for about 5 years without issue.

Comments

It depends on how big the room your drying screens in. Even though our screen drying room is fairly small (A little bit bigger than an airport bathroom stall) we use a pretty big unit as we want our screens dried as fast as possible. With the big unit/small space I don't run it all the time. I turn it on when I come in and shut it off when I leave. The room is 0% humidity in 10 minutes and our screens dry as a bone in 10-20 minutes depending on how many there are coated in there.
    You will still need some gaps between coated screens to allow air movement even though you are not forcing air on them.
    We keep a putty knife near our coating station to scrape off the thick deposits of emulsion on the scoop edges as these are the parts you wait the longest for to dry.

Premium Member
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by squeegeethree View Post
    We keep a putty knife near our coating station to scrape off the thick deposits of emulsion on the scoop edges as these are the parts you wait the longest for to dry.
    Definitely going to keep this in mind the next time I coat a screen.