Gig Posters

Posters: 155313 | Bands: 135326 | Designers: 11495                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default Water Based Inks

I Know about TW, Speedball, Jacquard and of course, Sherwin Williams.
    but is there anything else that people are using out there that they are really psyched about?
    It seems like all Water Based inks are originally intended for T-shirts.
    Is there anything out there specifically for the paper printing people?

On a side note, Is the search working for anyone on this site? I keep getting no results. If I put the word "ink" into the search box, I get no results.

Premium Member

Comments

I just use Speedball because I am cheap and it works. Your posters look pretty damn fuckin awesome so whatever you are using must be working. Search function works great if you have about 5 hrs of time on your hands.

Comments

All the brands you mentioned make ink specifically for paper/ flat stock.

The search does seem to be broken

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by squeegeethree View Post
    All the brands you mentioned make ink specifically for paper/ flat stock.

The search does seem to be broken
    seriously? all I see is "Fabric Paint" from Speedball. Since youre in Brooklyn Ill ask you, what do you think of Holdens? I use it, but the transparent colors dry more like Dyes than inks.
    Did anyone ever use the R2O stuff from Ryonet?

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Lojack View Post
    I just use Speedball because I am cheap and it works. Your posters look pretty damn fuckin awesome so whatever you are using must be working. Search function works great if you have about 5 hrs of time on your hands.
    Thank you!

Premium Member

Comments

The search isn't broken, ink is only 3 letters so it doesn't work. Try "water based ink" there are a bunch of threads that pop up. I use whatever I can get my hands on as long as it works. TW, speedball, blick, versatex. I think we are going to start using a bit of TW base with everything though.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgate Industries View Post
    seriously? all I see is "Fabric Paint" from Speedball. Since youre in Brooklyn Ill ask you, what do you think of Holdens? I use it, but the transparent colors dry more like Dyes than inks.
    Did anyone ever use the R2O stuff from Ryonet?
    Screen Printing

I assume you ask of Holdens ink because of Standard Supply. They are ok.
    I never used R2O.

I like to have Daler-Rowney System 3 inks around because some of their colors can't be found in the other brands.
    Golden makes a screenprint medium.

The search couldn't search the word paint earlier. Now it seems to be able to. You are right that ink doesn't work still.
    Last edited by squeegeethree; 07-10-2013 at 07:58 AM.

Comments

im looking up the Matsui inks, and it seems that they all need to be mixed. that sounds like a pain. Is it?
    I use the Jacquard, the black is AWESOME. Dries with a little sheen. smells weird. only thing is that its expensive.
    I want to try the union aerotex, while everyone LOVES it on fabric, I havent found a single post of anyone using it on paper. if you know of one please direct me to it.
    I do use the holden's a lot, because its right around the corner, and I can just grab it. Only thing is its also kinda expensive, and dries more like a dye than an ink.
    TW is just too expensive and hard to get. Honestly, I need something that I can get right away, since so many of the projects I get are "can you do this by friday" sort of things. If I need to order from far away, jeez. I already have the 3 day wait from French to contend with. Ive used Benjamin Moore in a pinch, but something tells me that it wont work so well on a 4 hour 450 print run.

Comments

Good ink is expensive and since even acrylic is a petroleum product its price is directly related to the price of oil.
    Union used to make an ink for flat stock. It's what I learned with and it was the best but they stopped making it because nobody but me bought it. I would not use Aerotex for flat stock printing. The main reason is that you have to catalyze it and if you do not then it is water-soluble (Even putting a sweaty hand on it can mess it up). If you do catalyze it then you have to use what you catalyze that day or it will be a brick the next day. Also it tends to gather paper more than regular ink.
    TW you can get from NYCentral
    If you want to cut down on the cost of ink then go directly to the manufacturer and get an account.
    You might want to try Daler-Rowney System3 inks because they distribute out of NJ so you should be able to get them quickly. They aren't that expensive and they are just as easy as speedball to print with. I'll PM you a contact. System 3 is also a ink system that needs to be mixed. Since 99% of the colors we print are custom mixes I don't really view this as a pain. If you want to be in the business long term then you better learn how to mix and match colors anyway.

Premium Member

Comments

The Matsui has trouble drying when you build up colour on colour.

And i think you mix them. We used it a bit at some studios i was in. I think it is mostly meant as a fabric ink.

TW...expensive but works great.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.