Maybe you guys can help me figure out the best way to do this...screen printing may or may not be the best answer.

I have a friend that runs a small design firm. He is currently working with a pretty high profile client (high profile for our city anyway) to design some graphics for branding in their new facility. One of the things they are wanting done is to have the graphic applied to a glass door. The first thing he thought of was a digitally printed film....or cut film. But the design has gradients....digitally printed ink on a transparent film would work but the ink would also be transparent and would look washed out. The solution there is to print onto a white substrate so that the color is nice and vibrant....but then you would lose the ability to have the gradient fade from color to clear glass. So that led him to start thinking about screen printing and thats where I come in. Halftoning the image and printing it with an enamel ink would work as far as the opacity/brightness of the color and giving it the gradient/fade look that it has....

But this is not something I've ever done before. I'm always willing to learn a new technique, but if there is a better option that one of you may know about I'm all ears!

If screen printing is the best way to do this would we be better off finding a film to print on and then adhere that to the door? Or should I attempt to print it direct to the door on site? Any suggestions for clear screen printable self-adhesive film?

This is the graphic. White = clear glass. Text will be beneath it in a different color....