Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135233 | Designers: 11482                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Default Hinges or an Oversized Silver Press?

What do you all think about printing posters on an Oversized Silver Press with a DIY vacuum pallet? I'm trying to weigh the advantages and disadvantages versus an actual vacuum table with hinge clamps. I mostly do paper but I'd like to print on garments, fabric and leather from time to time.

Money isn't much of a factor in that I'd be buying a used Silver Press for less than half the cost, I'm more concerned about utility, durability and accuracy.

Well, shoot. Has anyone printed paper on a press before, at least? Any insight?

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

I use something similar but do not use a vacuum table. If money is no object and you're getting it for half-price I'd say just get it.

Is registration a issue for you when working off a narrow pallet? I've been using a dura-lar sheet over my prints to line up my additional colors, something you can do when you have a lot of space.

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

I made a custom over-sized palette and haven't had any issues with reg.

Comments

We have a 2 color silver press and it's pretty well made for the price. You will want to get extra air shocks or whatever they are called, the pistons that keep up the screen. Because they give out really fast.