Gig Posters

Posters: 156375 | Bands: 135980 | Designers: 11549                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

lol Andi it took me close to half that article to discern whether you were bitching or simply stating a fact. May not be your issue though, I didn't get much sleep last night.

We have no women in our Screenprinting Department but there is certainly room for them.

As you stated, some of the men are so set in their ways that they can't see what their doing is completely ridiculous. We has one printer here who thought he was the best thing since sliced bread because he could churn out thousands of sheets on our SIAS in no time.

Of course most of the sheets coming out the back of the press were blank because the idiot had a sheet stuck to the underside of the screen.

Our other "expert" who got shown the door was a self proclaimed Ink Master. I've seen and had to deal with this guys work first hand and reformulate his colors that had 7 tints where 2 or 3 would suffice and still made the match closer than his.

I don't think female or male matters, but open-mindedness as well as a desire to learn and constantly improve is paramount.

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Ampco View Post
    As you stated, some of the men are so set in their ways that they can't see what their doing is completely ridiculous.
    I think there really is something to this.

Gender-allization time: Women tend to have less of their personal pride and identity wrapped up in projecting mastery of a skill, than men. Thus they are more readily able to adapt to new information, or conform to an employer's procedural preferences that differ from what they're used to.

Men on the other hand are more likely to chafe or feel like you've overstepped, when you ask them to do something differently than how they are already doing it.

Premium Member

Comments

"Of course most of the sheets coming out the back of the press were blank because the idiot had a sheet stuck to the underside of the screen. "

That guy worked for us!
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Quote Originally Posted by crosshair View Post
    I think there really is something to this.

Gender-allization time: Women tend to have less of their personal pride and identity wrapped up in projecting mastery of a skill, than men. Thus they are more readily able to adapt to new information, or conform to an employer's procedural preferences that differ from what they're used to.

Men on the other hand are more likely to chafe or feel like you've overstepped, when you ask them to do something differently than how they are already doing it.
    I've caught myself doing it as well so we're all susceptible to it I suppose.

I think it also depends on who's telling you what as well. I printed high quality membrane switches and handled all our screenprinting R&D so I'd take feedback from those who printed at my level or higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Andymac View Post
    "Of course most of the sheets coming out the back of the press were blank because the idiot had a sheet stuck to the underside of the screen. "

That guy worked for us!
    I think this guy has worked everywhere.

The way I understand it is a good Printer is never unemployed. That saying was relevant a few years back, not sure about how relevant it is with today's economy?