Gig Posters

Posters: 154402 | Bands: 134582 | Designers: 11434                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default Beth Myrick, Erin Nations, Heidi Elise Wirz & Tripper Dungan: art opening @ Goodfoot

The Goodfoot will have an art opening last Thursday of May, the 30th from 5-12. The show will be up until June 24th. The months artists are Beth Myrick, Erin Nations, Heidi Elise Wirz and Tripper Dungan.

Beth Myrick is a Portland based artist. She has no formal art education. Her artistic roots stem from talented and supportive parents and friends. Her art has been featured in an abundance of galleries, salons, coffee shops and magazines. Working primarily with spray paint, many of her creations originate as hand drawn and cut stencils which then evolve using a jigsaw and (mostly) reclaimed plywood. The majority of her work features uplifting messages, the use of bright colors with realistic animals, bringing them to life while maintaining a level of fantasy that encourages the imagination. She can often be found with paint on her hands, pedaling her fixed gear around Portland leaving inspiring messages and precious creatures in her wake. The world is our canvas and hers is really, really bright!

Erin Nations was born in the summer of '82, in St. Louis, Missouri. At the age of eight, she acquired an interest in art, primarily in cartoons and illustration. Today, her influences include a combination of design, hand drawn typography, alternative comics, and underground contemporary art and illustration. Her work, which has been described as cute and charming, often depicts youthful characters and simple and stylized imagery. She studied design at Southern Oregon University, where she received a BA in 2006. Shortly after graduation, she helped create Sank Studio, a design cooperative based in the Northwest. She now resides in Portland, where she has been showing her work locally since 2008.

When Heidi Elise Wirz is not drawing monster ladies, she is a co-owner at Let's Go! Screen Printing, mom to an amazing 14 year old illustrator, maker of snacks and part time vigilante. Myths, legends, imagined anthropomorphic shield maidens, and spear wives crawl out of the pages of Heidi Elise Wirz's latest series of ink paintings and screen prints. Norse, Proto Germanic, Celtic mythologies are combined with Heidi's often violent and self-exploiting imagination. The women and beasts depicted in this series are: bold, unflinching, powerful, and out for blood.

Tripper Dungan: When I was a kid I wanted to be either a banker, a beach bum, or an artist. In hindsight I think I picked the hardest one. I can't say I regret it though. I'm a person that thrives on mental stimulation, new experiences, revelations, exploration, and self propulsion. Riding my bike and walking help inspire and invigorate my creative process. I want to say my strange happy art is reflective of my life (and it is), but when i think about it, my childhood was uncertain and tumultuous at times. I moved a lot (at the most it was 9 times in one year), through apartments, town houses, motels, campgrounds, and cars. I had a bunch of stepdads, none of which left to much of an impression on me, at least not good ones. I lived in rough neighborhoods, and got beat up, chased, and harassed for being a white skater kid in Las Vegas. That said, I have to say I went to a great magnet high school where I learned a lot and made some great friends. I started to developed my style and create a work ethic around my art. I would stay late after school and paint until the janitors kicked me out. On the second to last day of school of my senior year, a couple of my friends and I stayed at school until 2 in the morning working on art. The school police ended up chasing us out. We roamed the streets of old Vegas, witnessing some horrendous things in the wee hours and sleeping on the lawn of some small law firm in the neighborhood. Some say that good art has to communicates a story or emotion. My art is happy, curious, at times surreal, psychedelic, and always cartoony. I'm inspired by escapisms such as animals, music, food, and vintage toys. I don't always want to convey a clear story more than I want to inspire a story or touch on the outskirts of a condition. My most ambitious goal as an art maker is to create a situation where the viewers brain shuts down for a second, a blissful moment of reboot, where the brain is trying to figure out what the hell is going on but knowing full well it's just nonsense.

Check Sun June2 for a full catalog of art online here.
    The Goodfoot Page not found

Facebook event here
    https://www.facebook.com/events/383833618392960/

The goodfoot

2845 SE Stark

503-239-9292
    Goodfoot on facebook http://on.fb.me/JupSf9
    Beth Myrick, Erin Nations, Heidi Elise Wirz and Tripper Dungan art opening at Goodfoot Gallery
    open daily 5-2:30

upcoming art events
    -------------------------
    Every Sun Drink & Draw - at the Goodfoot

some new Emek work here

you can view and purchase all of Chris Haberman and Jason Brown art work online here

you can now view and purchase everything from DKNG's show at Peoples art online here ..

Comments

opens tomorrow .. thurs. .

few for the show

Comments

opens today .. thurs. .

few for the show

Comments

you can now view and purchase everything from the show online here

few for the show

Comments