Gig Posters

Posters: 155148 | Bands: 135208 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Premium Member

Comments

Default 1.6 mil Crystal Clear Bags Weatherproof?

Thinking about buying these for displays but I'm not sure if the thickness will hold up to any kind of rain or humidity. Anyone use them before? I've seen a couple threads about using this type of bag, but want to double check before I buy something I wish I hadn't... again.

20 7/16" x 30 1/4" + Flap, Crystal Clear Bags (100 Pieces) [B2030] - Flap Seal Bags - Crystal Clear Bags - Bags

Premium Member

Comments

We've used those for a few years in an area with consistently high humidity and even for a couple shows in the rain. So far no complaints.

Premium Member

Comments

we just did an outdoor show and bagged all our wall display prints - they didn't look that bad and we know they were protected. (from the weather, and also little jerk kids who rush in and start fondling every print) One thing we noticed about bagged prints last year, we were in direct sun - the prints in the bags that got the sun all fogged up. not good.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Premium Member

Comments

Thanks for the info, I've read up about people having to wipe down displays from getting fogged up... I'll try these out and report back, thanks you two.

Premium Member

Comments

Wanted to report back on how well the bags worked after this last Flatstock weekend. I got a little condensation mainly around midday... but not too bad considering we were getting blasted with heat/sunlight. The only regret I have is getting the self-adhesive bags... the adhesive makes it tough to switch out posters and will lose it's tack anyway with a lot of handling. Lessen learned - next time, get the none-adhesives and just clip 'em shut.
    Paloma Chavez :: Graphic Designer
    Flickr :: Tumblr :: AIM pchavez923