Gig Posters

Posters: 156255 | Bands: 135947 | Designers: 11547                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Premium Member
    Comments

Yeah, nice work. 500 pages!

The pic was from a screenprinting manual from 1972, "Screen Printing Techniques," which features lots of gentlemen in lab coats and an entire chapter on flocking.

Premium Member

Comments

Kosloff? or who is the author?
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

My wife has already agreed to buy me a copy of History of Screen Printing as a late birthday gift when it comes out. Definitely give us a heads up on when & where we can buy it.

Premium Member
    Comments

I think the best quote from any screen printing book I have seen, is the following warning about employee smoking:

"Workers in the shop should be cautioned against smoking while at work, especially those whose work calls for repeated physical motions, such as are entailed in manual printing. The nature of such physical activity does not permit the leisurely demeanor of the habitual smoker. Puffing on a cigarette, then carefully balancing it on the edge of a the table to keep an eye on it, then removing the ashes with the gesture of a country squire - these actions are definitely out of place in a busy shop. Not only does smoking tend to retard production, but it is an infringement of the law in the immediate proximity of inflammables. It endangers the life of all"
    -Complete Book of Screen Printing Production By: J.I. Biegeleisen, 1963.

Quote Originally Posted by sedgewick View Post

Does not make any sense to me. Is it real?
    Hi this is my first post like you guys I also got confused about this technology.
    Isn't this related to this ? estampaci˛n tela continua - YouTube and this Madison Avenue Studios - YouTube
    Squeegeeless but I think there is some sort of small roller there. Kinda odd when I first saw this....

Premium Member

Comments

Are you going to do a book release in Chicago?

Premium Member

Comments

Would love to, but...my work is kind of done, I just put the deal together to get it promoted, sponsored, and published. Distribution will be done through ST Publications, not quite sure how that will go. Was trying to get Guido to come over to Orlando we will launch it there at the ASPT dinner, and ST and SGIA will have some rush copies. But he's pretty shy I think, and has never been to the USA.

All is on schedule, I think they will arrive in Cincinnatti and be ready for sale mid October/late October. I'll make sure you guys know about it. they may go quick, I don't know, it's expensive. Small run. Great designer!

In Europe, check with Niggli, they have it up on websites for preorder (German edition)

Like our page and you will hear first where and when it is for sale in N America.

https://www.facebook.com/HistoryOfScreenPrinting
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by humvee View Post
    Hi this is my first post like you guys I also got confused about this technology.
    Isn't this related to this ? estampaci˛n tela continua - YouTube and this Madison Avenue Studios - YouTube
    Squeegeeless but I think there is some sort of small roller there. Kinda odd when I first saw this....
    Those are pretty awesome videos. I've never seen a magnetized roller screen press before.

The multicolor press prints multicolors at the same time so instead of using a roller or squeegee I think it uses suction and transfer.

Nice first post and welcome