Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135211 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Default Publishing screen prints and exhibiting them...

I had a question about publishing prints and exhibiting them. I am organizing an exhibit of the prints that we have published at our studio over the past ten years with invited artists. I am doing my best to contact everyone and let them know and get their premission but I know there will be a couple people that I can't reach for some reason. And since early on i didn't keep any documentation I wanted to know if it is ok to exhibit prints that I have published for artists. Like I said I am doing my best to reach out to everyone but I am trying to figure out what I can do with prints that I have published.

thanks,
    jesus

Comments

If you published them, meaning paid for the production, then you can exhibit them without the artist's permission. Hell, if you just own them you can show them. Ya think every time a Warhol is shown the foundation has to give consent? I don't think so.
    Last edited by squeegeethree; 03-28-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Premium Member

Comments

I just did a show of shit from the last 30 years, we had a lot of prints by others, they were either printers proofs or posters I owned. Just list the artist.(and printer if it was someone else)

'from the collection of....' always sounds good.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

thanks, i'm doing a show this spring and the concern came up and this is what i thought but wanted to be sure when talking with the gallery.

what would you say about a portfolio co-published, where l split the cost with a gallery? we just both have the right to exhibit and sell.

Comments

yes