Hey all, I've got another print exchange to post about. My alma mater, Iowa State, has been doing this every year since 2000, and the turnout is always pretty great. Here's the info from my old teach:
13th Annual University Print Society Postcard Print Exchange
The theme for this year’s exchange is “Temptation”. Feel free to interpret how you like.
1. Any editionable printmaking technique may be used (woodcuts, lithography, intaglio, photography, silkscreen, digital printmaking, etc.) NO MONOPRINTS PLEASE
2. Create 13 duplicate postcards, each must be 4” x 6”
3. The 13 identical prints should be sent INDIVIDUALLY to the address posted below. Each card must be stamped and will bear the markings of travel and the postal service. (Do not send the cards together in one envelope.)
4. Include the following information on the back of the card:
a. Your name and return address (legible please)
b. April Katz' address (details below)
c. Process(es) used
d. Your e-mail (optional)
5. If you can, send (separately) a small donation of $8 ($4 for students) to help pay for postage. Checks payable to The University Print Society
Send postcard prints to:
University Print Society
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-3092
ENTRIES DUE: Friday, April 12, 2013
After receiving everyone's postcard prints the University Print Society will divide up the cards and you will be sent 12 new and different prints from other participants. The University Print Society will keep one of the 13 for its collection. Postage for returning the 12 new prints will be paid for by the University Print Society, however your donation will help us out tremendously.
If you're just seeing this now, its super easy and you tons of cool prints in return, especially if you do a couple of different prints. I usually do at least 2 designs. And April 12th isn't a hard deadline, they usually wait a few days to make sure they receive all the stragglers in the mail.
Do it! It would be cool to see some gper's postcards in my return envelope.