Gig Posters

Posters: 155619 | Bands: 135529 | Designers: 11506                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Premium Member

Comments

Default Help with getting films BLACK.

So I recently upgraded my comp and photoshop from CS2 to CS5. Im currently running OSX 10.8.2 and printing with a Epson Workforce 1100.
    When I was printing from CS2 I was able to set up a all black setting, but it seems that in the new photoshop version Im having a hard time getting the settings correct to print all black.

I am not using a all black system, nor am I using AccuRip or any other sort of software.

Can anyone help me out with some recommended settings? I have printed a few films but they are coming out pretty transparent, ( I am putting a all black color overlay on each layer before printing, but its not changing the actual print)

Thanks.

Premium Member
    Comments

Uncheck the box that says "fuck up my print." By default it's on.

I had miserable film until I realized that the black I was sending to the printer wasn't really black. It was greyish, #231f20 or something.

Comments

Make sure your printer firmware is up to date for your operating system. It may be that your printer is no longer supported for newer OS. I know I am sol with my Epson 9600 and new OS and do not have all the output options I should have.

Under size check "user defined"and manually enter 1295 x 1895 if using 13 x 19 film. I use fixxons and its great. paper type premium presentation paper matte. Black/grayscale. Then save to shortcuts as "film positive" or whatever. I have the same printer and this works like a champ, don't know why but it does.

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Dead On View Post
    Under size check "user defined"and manually enter 1295 x 1895 if using 13 x 19 film. I use fixxons and its great. paper type premium presentation paper matte. Black/grayscale. Then save to shortcuts as "film positive" or whatever. I have the same printer and this works like a champ, don't know why but it does.
    Thank you, I shall give that a try next time and see what happens.