Gig Posters

Posters: 155148 | Bands: 135183 | Designers: 11479                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Tablet PCs versus Wacom Cintiq

I always dreamt of getting a Wacom Cintiq, but they're just too expensive for me (considering that it is more or less only an input devices).
    So when I heard that there will be full-fledged Tablet PCs that allow you to install proper programs (and not only apps), I was pretty enthusiastic and thought that this might be a good alternative.
    Some days ago I noticed that one of my favourite illustrators got a Samsung ATIV and started using it for sketches etc. So I thought maybe it's time to do some research and collect a few buying options.

But most of the reviews and articles I found where not very helpful for the particular use I'm aiming for. So I'm asking here:
    Has anybody here collected some experience with running Photoshop and Illustrator on Tablet PCs? Any tips/recommendations? Any helpful links?

The Samsung ATIV Smart PC seems to be equiped with a pressure sensitive Wacom pen. But with 2 gb RAM I fear that working with the Creative Suite on the Samsung ATIV could be a constant trial of patience.

Of course Wacom Cintiq and Tablet PCs don't really compete with each other. They are two different devices. But I'd rather spend $650 for a Tablet PC (that allows me to work in a similar way like a cintiq) than ~$1000 for an input device alone.
    Also, I only have a desktop pc - no notebook. So mobility would also be an aspect that speaks for the Tablet PC-workaround.

Comments

Ah, nevermind. I think in my case it makes more sense to save up some more money and get a Thinkpad Twist or something like that.

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Or you could look down two or three threads and click on the one titled "Tablet Suggestions" and read the 8 pages of that to answer all of the questions above.

Comments

Woops, indeed! Sorry ^^