Gig Posters

Posters: 153003 | Bands: 133647 | Designers: 11370                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default Interest in Flatstock/API-affiliated poster show at Boston Calling, May 25/26?

Hey guys, so I know there's been interest in having a Flatstock/poster show deal somewhere on the East Coast. I had been approached by the Independent Film Fest Boston about putting something on, but they're really difficult to get ahold of not in their festival season, so that was put on hold for the time being. Also a venue was a concern. But apparently there's this new music festival going on in Boston in May - Home Boston Calling Music Festival - Boston Calling Music Festival

I'd like to pitch some sort of API-affiliated poster show to them, probably smaller than a Flatstock for the first time, but there'd definitely be a way to get a decent place with their venue/the people involved. I'd like to see if there's any interest among poster people before doing that, though. I know it's the same weekend as Primavera, though, so no foul if everybody's off at that.

Comments

Cecily,
    Please direct the producers of this show to one of the API Board members (Andy Vastagh, Geoff Peveto or myself). For Flatstock/ API to be affiliated, there are mounds of legal issues and contracts and our copyrighted name cannot be used without board approval. This is so that we can keep our artists/ members best interests at hand.
    That being said, this could be promising and thank you for your interest in helping FS get to the east coast!
    Please PM me your contact and I will get you the personal addresses of the board members.

Comments

Hey Farley, I had talked to Dan MacAdam/the API about that original IFFB offer so this isn't totally out of the blue. I had just wanted to make sure there was some interest in this from the artist side considering it was the same weekend as Primavera before going in fully. Will still PM you though.

Comments

Oh ok, great! It was not something I had heard about, but guess it is a good thing to talk about at the board meeting during sxsw. Thanks!

Comments

Yeah, we hadn't gotten beyond the initial talk because I was having trouble getting in touch with the IFFB folks again out of season, and I was looking for a venue that'd work with their location with no luck. But I've worked with some of the folks behind it re: posters before, and I think this is a much better shot, especially with it being downtown rather than way up in Somerville/Medford.

Premium Member

Comments

I would be in for this if it were to happen.

I can help with any talk, etc. I THINK I know the people running the festival...

Comments

Rad, Nate! Yeah, I know some of the promoters at the Bowery, but not terribly high up. I'm very good at organizing and behind-the-scenes shit, but it might be better to have someone other than the new poster kid in town do initial talks and stuff.

Premium Member

Comments

I will gladly be the point person, if Geoff and the gang deem this event API worthy, etc.

Comments

Rad. I'll send an email to MacAdam, and we'll see what we can do.

Comments

I don't really have enough prints under my belt to be a participant but I would definitely try to make the drive over there to check it out as an attendee and meet some of you folks. I haven't been able to get to a Flatstock, so something within driving distance would be cool!