Gig Posters

Posters: 155580 | Bands: 135526 | Designers: 11506                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default master screen printer and Canadian, Andy MacDougall

For those of you close to or in Milwaukee, Andy will be here for the Southern Graphics Council Printmaking Conference in March teaching some classes and eating cheeseburgers, two activities I will be assisting him with.

March 24th:
    Screen Printing Basics
    Discovery World :: Screen Printing Basics

March 20th and 21st (2-part):
    Master Screen Printing Workshop
    Discovery World :: Master Screen Printing Workshop

Comments

SGC is always deficient in screenprinting. Glad to see it repped properly. I won't be going this year but I'll eat a cheeseburger and think of you.

Premium Member

Comments

This is 'outside' the official SGC stuff. Discovery World put the program together. But suck down that cheeseburger, and hoist a beer too, we will miss you.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

this is coming up - i think some of you chicago folks should come to mke for this. just sayin.

Premium Member

Comments

there's a chicago printers guild meeting tomorrow night. i'll bring it up and see if anybody is interested in carpooling to it. there's already been some talk of doing that for sgc. i'm heading the opposite direction on the 21st so i'll have to shoot for the 24th (i should probably be in the basic class anyways)

but it all depends on how much andy's an a-hole about his canucks between now and then!

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

21st is also a Six Point Firkin Night. But most nights in MKE are firkin nights.

Premium Member

Comments

I'll be at the conference. Will find out if I have time to wrangle my way into one of these evenings.

Premium Member

Comments

Firkin Night. I assume I will find out what this is?
    Andymac

Todo es empezar.

Premium Member

Comments

Beer.....Why am I not surprised?

A little more info...

The 'master screen printing' evening courses go from 6-9 Wed and Thurs, after the day events /vendor fair (we have a booth) and we will work closely with the participants to get their pieces printed, while at the same time going over technical problems and working on areas of improvements in the individual artist's techniques. for instructors, we have a lot of ideas on enhancing your screenprinting at schools/making your budget go further. I'm bringing a lot of print samples/films and will be able to demonstrate a wide range of approaches to artmaking for screenprinting. Course includes the book. Discovery World has a full print shop, with textile and flat graphic setups, plus a Jaguar Parallel Lift press we can get you on if you want to try it out. You should have a basic understanding of screenprinting and have your art prepped beforehand to get the most out of this course.

The 'Intro to Screenprinting' day course on the Sunday is more of a 'funday' and cheaper, and aimed at locals who can take advantage of the second day, (participants get to come back during open studio and use the facility) when they can go back to Discovery World, and armed with what they learned in day 1, create their print at their own pace on the Discovery World equipment.

Apparently, Josh will be my able assistant, and I will then trick him into sticking his head in the parallel press for stealing my avatar.
    Andymac

Todo es empezar.