Gig Posters

Posters: 155313 | Bands: 135325 | Designers: 11495                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Comments

Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way to remove the blades from the handles. It looks like they're superglued in place.

Although, I did recently pick up a bunch of used metal handles, so maybe I could cut off the exposed sections and transplant 'em. Hm...

Comments

I have a couple squeegees that look exactly like that. I think one was from Victory Factory and one was from Pocono Screen Supply. They're usable...but kind of a pain in the ass. Both glued in wooden handle types. I got a ton of really old squeegees as part of a package of used equipment I bought a while back and I've replaced the blades in a few...they're the kind with the metal bolts that go straight through the blade....a couple came out fine, and a couple came out wavy as hell. I've been meaning to post something here about it and kept forgetting, so thanks for starting the thread! I think the old squeegees that I replaced the blades in I'll have to disassemble and try again...there's all sorts of old solvent inks dried up in the channels. I thought I had scraped them out good enough, but I'm thinking I didn't and it's causing uneven tension. Fun.

Comments

Yeah, you can kind of force a good print stroke with 'em (a bit tougher if you push, like I do), but flooding is a nightmare.

Premium Member

Comments

I would recommend calling Ryonet, their phone service is a million times better than their email, both in speed and quality. Not sure if I just always talked to someone really helpful, but they paid for return shipment on defective shit a few times.

Comments

As an update, I contacted Ryonet and they're sending three replacement squeegees at no cost.

It's really only some of their house-branded equipment like screens and squeegees that I've had problems with; customer service is great, and they're usually cheaper than ordering from a domestic (Canadian) source, even when you factor in tax/duty/shipping.

Comments

Got the blade out after:

Premium Member

Comments

Holy jesus, that ridiculous.