Gig Posters

Posters: 155569 | Bands: 135482 | Designers: 11505                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default Anyone here buy their poster printing supplies on Amazon? If yes, what supplies?

First: new member/new to screen printing... I have my art prepared, a co-op studio lined up, and I'm preparing to buy printing supplies to start moving from digital printing to screen printing of my better artwork. I have a $300+ credit with Amazon (please don't ask how), and I am considering buying up as much as I can from there. However, there's a ton of amateur-t-shirt-printing-crap to sift through, and everything else on Amazon is just a link that sends me to Blick's website. Maybe there's more quality stuff, but it's just hard to find? Is there anything on Amazon that would be good for printing supplies? Emulsion? Ink? Poster-sized screens? (NOTE: the co-op studio provides cleaning solutions/removers, squeegees, and the large-equipment) Thanks.

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

How?

Comments

hao.

Comments

I usually buy straight from the manufacturer of whatever supplies I need. Why pay a middle-man when you don't have to.
    Dont buy screens and squeegees from amazon but go ahead and buy some ink since you need to burn through your credit.

Premium Member

Comments

If you click through to Amazon from the link on the home page of this site, I believe the administrator of the site gets a small percentage of the sale. You should do that - support gigposters.com. I have not purchased any supplies from Amazon but you should be able to get some Speedball inks at least.

Comments

Got the Speedball inks. It's for t-shirts, which I'll experiment with later. Tried to figure out how to give gigposters.com some of the cash but got impatient -- bought the 2 books from them instead. Thanks for the advice.

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by lil_tuffy View Post
    How?
    racist

Premium Member

Comments

Dunno about Amazon, but if you're in the Twin Cities, Northwest Graphic Supply has all your screenprinting needs.

Northwest Graphic Supply | Northwest Graphic

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo-Manitou View Post
    Got the Speedball inks. It's for t-shirts, which I'll experiment with later. Tried to figure out how to give gigposters.com some of the cash but got impatient -- bought the 2 books from them instead. Thanks for the advice.
    If I'm not mistaken, you just go to the bottom of the GP home page and in that central bottom box are links for eBay, Amazon, etc. Click the Amazon one then find your stuff and place the order - nothing else you have to do. It's the traveling there from here that gets the credit paid if it's the program that I'm thinking of...

Comments

It does baffle me that independant, sole business owners and entrepreneurs as many printers are would choose to buy anything from Amazon, a company whose business goals are somewhat incongruous with those of the independant folk.

Support fellow local and independant businesses, wherever you are in the world.
    "One day we'll all laugh about it as we try to warm ourselves around a barrel of burning posters, equals once more." - Crosshair

Army of Cats Design