Gig Posters

Posters: 155198 | Bands: 135211 | Designers: 11481                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Comments

You did something wrong if the real ink didn't dry in 3 days. It should take an hour maybe to dry. What "regular screen printing ink" did you use. Did you add retarder or reducer to it? Did you print it more than once?

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by squeegeethree View Post
    You did something wrong if the real ink didn't dry in 3 days. It should take an hour maybe to dry. What "regular screen printing ink" did you use. Did you add retarder or reducer to it? Did you print it more than once?
    we decided to dry all our UV ink outside in the sun to be more environmentally friendly. the only issue is that it's taking over a week to cure in the oregon winter.

and people keep driving over the 2300 sticker sheets i have spread out over the parking lot and street.

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by andydiesel View Post
    and people keep driving over the 2300 sticker sheets i have spread out over the parking lot and street.
    Mean people really DO suck!
    Crosshair pushing here until its limit the bringing together.

www.crosshairchicago.com

"Every single Crosshair poster I've ever seen is almost exactly the same. Do these guys even have a bit of creativity in them? I mean, come one - shitty old building pics photoshopped with text over them. Pretty pathetic to say the least."

"it just seems like so little effort is put into creating this? am i missing something?"

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by andydiesel View Post
    we decided to dry all our UV ink outside in the sun to be more environmentally friendly. the only issue is that it's taking over a week to cure in the oregon winter.

We've done this actually. We also laid all our old mixed colors out in the sun to harden them before disposal.

Comments

Really hoping the real screen printing ink you used was plastisol. That would be awesome. Heh.

Comments

The ink I used was speedball. I didn't thin it out any.

I am thinking too much ink is being deposited thats why it took so longer to dry...It was really piled inside the lettering....

..I've ordered some higher mesh screen 230 and I'm going to test that.

I'm also going to experiment with some different latex paint brands.

If you guys think of anything that would help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Fred

Comments

Take some pictures of your setup and of the print. Something is definitely not right but without seeing what you're doing I don't think anyone will be able to help. Post some pics.

Comments

A thicker deposit will take a long time to dry. Speedball is very slow drying to begin with. When you have a thick deposit of slow drying ink DO NOT try to speed it up with a hairdryer. You will only end up drying the surface and when it's dry it will forever lock in the moisture of the ink underneath.