Gig Posters

Posters: 155580 | Bands: 135495 | Designers: 11505                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Default Pregasol dried on screen during reclaiming.

Hi,

I'm using a diluted Pregasol K-FL to decoat my screen, due to an emergency I sprayed it on my screen to decoat (usually i leave it for 2 minutes then rinse with water to successfully reclaim my screens), i left the pregasol on the stencil for an hour, came back and it had dried, now it will not wash off at all, no matter how much pressure and chemicals i use.

Looking at the Kiwo datasheet, it says avoid allowing it dry as it is incredibly hard to remove dried pregasol on a stencil.

I was thinking of buying Pregan Paste to try and remove this stencil, but i was wondering if this would work? Or if anyone else has encountered this problem?

Thanks,
    -Alex

PS:

I also thought of buying Pregasol P (a ready to use decoater) as it is stronger an much better at removing emulsion, i was wondering if my case was hopeless or not, thanks.

Comments

In my experience....I'd say you're f*#cked. Buy a new screen. Maybe a dehazer would work, but I kind of doubt it. I had a former employee of the shop I manage accidentally splash some emulsion remover onto a screen that was waiting to be cleaned while he was cleaning another one...it dried and all the spots that the remover hit did not washout no matter what we did. But the dehazer we use from time to time is pretty weak. Maybe a really strong, eat your flesh off, type dehazer would work...but I'm pretty sure it won't come out. And if it does the cost of buying chemicals to try to take it out and the time and effort you're going to have to spend trying to get it out will end up outweighing the cost of a new screen. So I would suggest just buying a new screen. Anyone else care to chime in with more first hand experience?

Comments

Cheers for the advice, i'm going to buy some Pregan Paste as that stuff is damn strong de-hazer (Also not bad a removing diazo emulsion haze), if this doesn't work, then im straight onto a new mesh for it. They make a Pregan Megaclean too, but it sounds far too serious and hazardous to risk haha.

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Yup. Let reclaimer dry = your screen is fucked.

Don't waste your time trying to burn it off with haze remover. It will never be the same. Just start fresh with new mesh and don't make that mistake again.

Comments

Yeah, I mean if you use really strong haze remover and leave it on long enough to break it down you'll probably eat through the mesh too...

Comments

Yeah, i'd imagine the mesh'd perish if i left the Pregan paste on for too long, i'll just go with re-stretching it, just a pain getting to my local business that re-stretches screens for me.

Cheers for the help.

Comments

At least you have a local business that re-meshes for you! The closest place to me is a round trip of four hours. And shipping them there and back for re-meshing would only save me a dollar...maybe two...as opposed to just buying a brand new screen.