Gig Posters

Posters: 154224 | Bands: 134485 | Designers: 11430                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Default Epson 3000 black in refill ink

So i have a epson 3000 i use only for making films, i;ve have the refillable cartridges and have been getting the refill ink from the same guy. I called him up today and he said he no longer stocks it, he referred me to this place but it's twice as much as used to get it for. So I was wondering if there was any other place people get black ink from which they have had good results for their seps

this is the place the guy told me about. about $55 for 500ml - i used to get it for about $25 before.
    http://store.inkjetcarts.us/screen-p...ink-p4487.aspx

any suggestions.

thanks

Premium Member

Comments

I get the cheap-ass aftermarket black cartridges from clickinks.com.
    All that noise about how you have to use only Epson ink or you'll wreck your printer, is hogwash.

What can happen is that when two different inks encounter eachother in your lines they can react and clog. So what you do is buy a cleaning cartridge. Each time you put in a cartridge that might come from a different manufacturer than the last one (i.e., a new batch you order a few months on may be different even if the packaging is the same) you put in the cleaning cartridge and print out a bunch of black squares, filling the lines with cleaning fluid and interrupting any ink-to-ink contact. Problem solved, money saved.