Gig Posters

Posters: 156383 | Bands: 135985 | Designers: 11550                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Hybrid View

Comments

Default Transparent Inks on Black Paper

Hey guys, quick question for those who have printed on black paper. How well do transparent inks show up on said paper? I am trying to use inks mixed from process magenta, cyan and yellow and would like them to stay transparent and only show up once printed over the white area as in attached snippet of my image:

Premium Member

Comments

to get the effect you have shown above I'd print trans black over the colors. In my experience, printing trans yellow will make a ery dark green and trans mag a very dark brown.

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

What Tuffy said. There's no reason to spend extra $$ on black paper, when the effect you're after will work better printing trans black on white paper.

Premium Member

Comments

I've done a number of posters on black paper mostly using metalics but some with process colors. I find the 'transparent' process inks are visible on matt black paper as versions of a shinier black with a respective hint of color. I often use dark colors (blacks or clear varnish on black paper to seal areas, then overprint with an opaque to get stuff to pop out only where the overprinting occured to get a rich yet subtle thing happening especially nice on handbills and invites, things that get held in peolpes hands.

Comments

Do what Tuffy and Dan say. You'll save yourself money and the headache of trying to do it ass-backwards. Try 5% black in clear base and bump it up from there.