Gig Posters

Posters: 156388 | Bands: 135996 | Designers: 11550                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Laser printer

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by eyepeace View Post
    If you throw your ink jet printer out when your nozzles clog, then yes, inkjets are a giant waste of money.
    But normal people just push the head cleaning button and move on with their day.
    I feel like an idiot. All this time I've been throwing out my computer when my printer has problems. It never dawned on me to throw out the printer. I'm such a fool, thanks for the pro-tip.

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

Now if only you'd learn to read OMG BUUUUUUURN!!!1

Comments

" Just wonder what kind of laser printer do you use for small DIY home project ? "

That was OPs question.

Retard says what?

And if you are not there, every day or so to press the 'head clean' button, then they ink will dry and clog the nozzle. If you think this does not happen then you are a retard in denial.

In a pro shop, where you print film every day, yes an inkjet it the ticket. Never said it wasn't.

But as retard ass munchers who posted here have not comprehended:

1. it's for small home project.
    2. Just wonder what kind of laser printer do you use for small DIY home project ?
    3. I dont need a huge printer,

Tell me at what point did he even ASK about an inkjet?

Morons.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by wwii_inks View Post
    " Just wonder what kind of laser printer do you use for small DIY home project ? "

That was OPs question.

Retard says what?

And if you are not there, every day or so to press the 'head clean' button, then they ink will dry and clog the nozzle. If you think this does not happen then you are a retard in denial.

In a pro shop, where you print film every day, yes an inkjet it the ticket. Never said it wasn't.

But as retard ass munchers who posted here have not comprehended:

1. it's for small home project.
    2. Just wonder what kind of laser printer do you use for small DIY home project ?
    3. I dont need a huge printer,

Tell me at what point did he even ASK about an inkjet?

Morons.
    ...meanwhile, this reply from the previous page still applies:
    (note: pay close attention to the first sentence)

Quote Originally Posted by crosshair View Post
    You DO APPEAR to be an asshat.

Here's the thing about knowledge dispensed by knowledgeable people in a public forum:
    It may go outside the questioner's brief. Because other people may search the forums later, with related though not identical questions. And the more solid information they find, the more useful it is. Meanwhile the OP is probably quite capable of determining whether a given response applies to their situation and needs or not.

Premium Member

Comments

Ok, the answer to the specific question, What kind of laser printer to use for a small home project: None. Do not use a laser printer for a small home project unless you already have one and it's a one color project with not much detail. If you are doing one small home project, have someone else print your film. If you are doing more than one small project, get an inkjet. I let my inkjet printer sit idle for has much as two weeks at a time. Never had a clog. I always run out of ink before the jets clog. I tried registering colors with films made from a laser printer once. Only once because I knew from knowledge gained in the GP forums (probably from Crosshair, SqueegeThree or one of the Andys) that the heat will distort the medium and you will never be able to register anything remotely detailed.

Premium Member

Comments
    Items for Sale

You know what is retarded?

A) This thread

B) Taking offense at responses you feel are unhelpful or off-topic, on behalf of a third-party OP who has not reappeared since asking the question, presumably because he found a satisfactory answer.

C) Being a dickwad: See B), above.

Premium Member

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by crosshair View Post
    You know what is retarded?

A) This thread

B) Taking offense at responses you feel are unhelpful or off-topic, on behalf of a third-party OP who has not reappeared since asking the question, presumably because he found a satisfactory answer.

C) Being a dickwad: See B), above.

This.

Comments

Ya'll scared OP away. This is why we can't have nice posts.

I have a cheap-ass, refurbished epson that I let sit for 6 months. 2 cleaning cycles later, and it was working great.

Cheap DIY project does not mean "buy a laser printer" anyway

Comments

ass munchers...

Comments

From the OP:

Only on the internet does does 'get an inkjet' answer the question 'what laser printer should I get?'.