Gig Posters

Posters: 155313 | Bands: 135338 | Designers: 11496                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default Mixing inks... base coolors?

Hello all.

I am looking to print using NAZDAR 7200 inks for some custom decals. Problem is I am expecting colors like the good old red green blue... evidently things got complicated and of the 20 or so colors, they don't list the simple red.

So, my first prints are basic red and white. Just red, just white. Not fire red, or dark red... just red.

I mostly understand CYMK and RGB mixing but clueless on the solvent ink mixing. I have used the book Pantone and weighed out colors to make the ordered color... but I don't have the $$$$ to invest for a color that needs 5 spot colors and 3 drops of color X that only comes in $100 gallons.

Any advice?

Premium Member

Comments

nothing in their colour range is close? they make some pretty basic reds...and the white is...white.

can't you buy quarts?
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Any particular reason for the 7200 over the 9700 series? The 7200 isn't even recommended for vinyl. The 9700 series has five reds as should the 7200 series. Have you taken a look at the swatch book to determine that fire/scarlet/warm/rhodamine/rubine red all will not work for you? You shouldn't have to by gallons either, they sell in kilos as well. They can get spendy if you need a bunch, but this ink goes a long way when printing on plastic.

Comments

7200 is the replacement for the decal specific inks they used to have... I have requested a color chart/sample.

Will look at the 9700 inks.

I will be printing on water slip decal substrate.... max size approx 6x4 inches.

Premium Member

Comments

regular (General Purpose) inks don't work for waterslides, need to be lacquer

I only know one guy in Seattle still does these. You can make good money if you get hooked up with modellers, we used to do them all the time back when we had our big shop in Vancouver. You will need some clear too (eventually)
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Premium Member
    Comments

Fire red . . .

Comments

I found a few places that will do lacquer on water slip media... but the 500 sheet minimum means over $1k per order for a small sheet... custom decals for my market would have 200 sheets tops.. and they would take a year or two to sell.

The Alps printer guys and the laser/ink decals suck azz... they don't last and my target market will pay for the original production process (lacquer inks).

Will have to look at the color samples Nazdar sends me... it seems all the older posts refer to other ink manufacturers that were sucked up by Nazdar... the seem to be the only game in town.

Comments

If you don't want to invest in all the colors you need to match a pms color then pay Nazdar to match the PMS color

Comments

Is that just a call to the number on the NAZDAR site? Would anyone know of someone who could sell me a couple quarts of some NAZDAR inks? I need the simple ones: Black, red, white, orange. I don't have a PMS guide.. but I've seen them for sale used for $20-$30. None of the decals I plan to print are anything unique... the standard spot colors.

Premium Member

Comments

I'm the guy in Seattle...I believe NazDar only makes the flexible decal lacquer in clear, white and black now. They've discontinued all other colors. There is a company around that makes a lacquer still (well, as of five years ago) Candoc SS Series flexible lacquers. Try Northwest Graphic Supply | Northwest Graphic

I'm not doing the stuff any more, as I lost my shop space back in January, and my right foot in April. Can't print standing around like a flamingo... but I'm working on a new limb.

Anybody need a Challenge 26.6" manual cutter? Make you a good deal on that 1500 pound beast.
    "That's the way I like it, baby, I don't wanna live forever - and don't forget the Joker." Lemmy