Gig Posters

Posters: 153003 | Bands: 133712 | Designers: 11371                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Default Printing on shipping boxes using Speedball Poster Ink

So I'm wondering if anyone has ever used the speedball poster inks to print cardboard boxes? I've got a couple of ordered to be delivered and wanted to know if I can quickly print our logo on the blank boxes since I got these poster inks?

Premium Member
    Comments

Yep.

Print on it like you'd print on any other paper product, make sure you've still got your off-contact, and speedball acrylic will work just fine.

Comments

Yep. I did a couple hundred cardboard boxes for a friends coffee roasting company a few months back. If I remember correctly I printed with the corrugations at a 90 degree angle to my squeegee. They printed great. I did some with black gloss TW ink, and some with rust orange Speedball. Both worked fine.

Awesome thanks guys!

Premium Member

Comments

Yeah, just watch for the corrugation or else it'll fuck ya and make your art filled with lines.
    "…I'mma write amenme a constution…"

Premium Member

Comments

I'm printing some boxes tomorrow. It's been about 7 years since i've done that. So, print with the corrugation...and use the same cardboard for off-contact. Should be easy-peasy, yes?

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Unitus View Post
    I'm printing some boxes tomorrow. It's been about 7 years since i've done that. So, print with the corrugation...and use the same cardboard for off-contact. Should be easy-peasy, yes?
    I used a piece of masonite for the off contact and it worked great. I think if you use cardboard you're going to smashy mash it too thin when you tighten the clamps.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Unitus View Post
    I used to print Coroplast signs and printing parallel to the corrugations always worked for me. good luck!
    Last edited by aubrey; 09-28-2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: grammar moron