Gig Posters

Posters: 155148 | Bands: 135193 | Designers: 11479                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Thread: Letterpress

Default Letterpress

Ello All,
    I've just finished renovating a couple of letterpress'. They dont have plugs on them and are hand or foot operated. Although one has an option of attaching a steam engine.

One of the press' I've brought back to life was originally from Manchester Magistrates Court. I like to imagine it was used to churn out hundreds of 'wanted' posters of Salford Scuttlers (Victorian Hooligans). The reality is probably notices to proceed to demolish a bit of our architectural past nailed to signposts. Either way the function is the same. It was a way of getting a message out there. The bed size is 3ft x 2ft. So its capable of some large prints. The other is a treadle operated platen / clam press. 14"x9" platen area.

Anyway, I'm producing my own prints but am also interested in collaborating with other artists, so drop me a pm if you're interested.

I'm in Manchester, UK.

Comments

Trying posting on this site as well.
    INKTERACTION! - International Printmakers Network
    Too bad you are so far away. I just happen to have a steam engine lying around but with nothing to hook it up to.

Latest print series up and rocking at Willy Mason Tour Edition - The Twisted Head Press Hope you like it! Can you ship the Steam Engine over here? It might defrost my toes a little...

Quote Originally Posted by prdad View Post
    Latest print series up and rocking at Willy Mason Tour Edition - The Twisted Head Press Hope you like it! Can you ship the Steam Engine over here? It might defrost my toes a little...
    Are you still looking for someone to collaborate with? I must admit that im nothing more than an enthusiastic rank amatuer - but I do a bit of design - and Im based in Manchester.

hey moonchief, yep still smashing paper. come pay us a visit. i've pm'd you my email address...