Gig Posters

Posters: 156064 | Bands: 135791 | Designers: 11529                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium Member
    in a pit of procrastination and drowning in caffeine and nicotine.
    Comments

Default Hello, What's up?

Anything goes in this section they say. So I'd thought I say hello!

So yeah I've been lurking these boards like a voyeur recently, but really maybe a year or two in the long run trying to get some insight into this arcane corner of the art world you guys keep going. Subsequently I've gone and bought this 'bible' you people speak of, probably the most expensive book I've ever bought, but I'm hoping to learn a lot from it. Between that and a set of jiffy clamps I've still got a lot to learn.

You all seem like an abusive, abrasive but nonetheless loveable bunch so I'll expect a lot of banter and pisstaking. I'll be staying around for a while and I'm by no means a pro but I'm working at it.

Here's some pictures of my stuff...

Gigantic Panda, Illustration, Art, Design, Photography, Richie Lee

first ever vector illustration on illustrator.

bloody hell, not sure what happened here but the colours went over the top wrong on this one once I uploaded it. It's a WIP though so no worries. [not the file's fault, the colours look funky in chrome for some reason.]

Let me know what you think, good or bad is fine, I like a good crit, I have a thick hide.

See you all around, have a nice day.

GP
    Last edited by GiganticPanda; 09-11-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by GiganticPanda View Post
    Anything goes in this section they say. So I'd thought I say hello!

So yeah I've been lurking these boards like a voyeur recently, but really maybe a year or two in the long run trying to get some insight into this arcane corner of the art world you guys keep going. Subsequently I've gone and bought this 'bible' you people speak of, probably the most expensive book I've ever bought, but I'm hoping to learn a lot from it. Between that and a set of jiffy clamps I've still got a lot to learn.

You all seem like an abusive, abrasive but nonetheless loveable bunch so I'll expect a lot of banter and pisstaking. I'll be staying around for a while and I'm by no means a pro but I'm working at it.

Let me know what you think, good or bad is fine, I like a good crit, I have a thick hide.

See you all around, have a nice day.

GP
    Well, you are certainly not untalented, and I think you've summed this community up nicely in your second paragraph. You can spell properly, you don't use text speak and you do employ standard punctuation and sentence construction.

Also, this is super beautiful:

Welcome aboard sailor.

Comments

Welcome GP to GP formally. Luna is the abrasive one, so at least you got past that trial. As a longtime lurker I would have expected to know your favorite cheese in the first sentence of your intro but I'll look past that breach of etiquette.

Premium Member
    Comments

Thank you for the kind words Strawberry Luna! I wasn't expecting that for a first reply!
    I really enjoyed making that piece. The loose ink for me is a control freak's nightmare but I do love the effects it can create, intentionally or not. Personally I think the hair is way off they're faces are too big but that's what we do as artists I guess.

I'm loving the calibre of work from all the artists here, some really inspiring stuff all in one place!- Which is why I've decided to go premium. This alone is worth the 20 bucks to keep it going. Keep it up you all! Share the love, and of course follow it up with the trademark bring it down a peg abuse too.

I'm off to real life work,
    see you all around.

GP

Premium Member
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by squeegeethree View Post
    Welcome GP to GP formally. Luna is the abrasive one, so at least you got past that trial. As a longtime lurker I would have expected to know your favorite cheese in the first sentence of your intro but I'll look past that breach of etiquette.
    Ahhh! Rookie mistake, where are my manners! I must say my favourite cheese from a creamy, crumbly patriotic perspective has to be Caerphilly cheese. Beats the plastic yellow stuff I've had in a lovely LA dive once... you guys sure have a strange peception of what cheese is.

Premium Member

Comments

He bought the book, so he's OK in my bo..........wait a minute.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Premium Member

Comments

just checked your shit - you need to get a roll of rubylith, I think you may be dangerous with a knife.
    Andymac

services www.squeegeeville.com
    equipment www.tmiscreenprinting.com

Todo es empezar.

Comments

So I am guessing you are Welsh from your cheese pick? That's fine as well.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Andymac View Post
    He bought the book, so he's OK in my bo..........wait a minute.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by squeegeethree View Post