Gig Posters

Posters: 154832 | Bands: 134937 | Designers: 11469                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Comments

Thumbs up The Art Lab - Printmaking on wheels

Hey guys,

I wanted to let you know that I relaunched my mobile letterpress and printmaking studio project on Kickstarter. If you saw my post before I tried to launch this project last November/December but realized that as excited as people were, it was the holidays and that dampered the ability of people to back the project. So, I put the project on hold and started to focus on other things.

Then out of the blue, 3 weeks ago, a gentleman up in MI emailed me pictures of the 1954, art deco moving van that his father bought in 1957. It is in perfect running condition road worthy, and up for purchase. So I decided that it must be a sign. It is exactly what I have been looking for for this project.

Well, I revamped the project, lowered the goal to just what it would take to get the vehicle here from MI and put the project up on Kickstarter. I even sold my 8 x 10 C&P letterpress to john Brown University in Arkansas to help fund the build out on the inside. Don't worry, I have other letterpress machines so printing can continue as normal! I also have most of the equipment and supplies to go into the van so once I get the vehicle, I can get it outfit this winter, and be up and running by spring 2013, giving hands-on demos of letterpress and other forms of printmaking.

So the van is going to have table top presses for small poster work, screen equipment for shirt and paper prints, and an area for cutting linoleum and setting wood type. I would love to print live and community events and festivals!

I just need some help getting over the last hurdle. If you think that this idea is worthy of backing I could use the support and some extra help to get the word out. If you have time I would love for you to check out the link and let me know what you think.

Kickstarter - The Art Lab

So here is what the 1954 Fageol van looks like. It's a quick photoshop but it gives you the idea.

Comments

I put together the support poster last night. I am really loving this one. If you love it too support the Art Lab kickstarter and once funded I will print and mail you one! The Art Lab by Cody Langford — Kickstarter

Let me know what you think.

Comments

Sweet van. Convert it to biodiesel on you could probably run it off of the linseed oil in your ink.

Comments

Biodiesel would be cool! I also love those vandercook images. One of my inspirations for this build.

Comments

Rolling into the last few days of the Art Lab Kickstarter. I added a cool reward for the poster crowd out there. Want to have your design letterpress printed? If you do go check out the new backer reward. I would love to print a limited edition run of one of your posters! go click the link in the first post and it will take you to the project.

cody

Comments

You got that right Dan! I would love to have a van outfit like that.