Gig Posters

Posters: 155148 | Bands: 135201 | Designers: 11480                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Comments

I wondered that exact same thing.

I think that this is a huge issue for artists, but another interesting question: If fans are just rabid for merch, do they give a shit that they are buying bootlegs? If not -- or at least, if the majority of fans don't give a shit -- the market will always be there, and either new artists who don't know any better or artists on ethically questionable grounds will also always be there to fill the demand.

Premium Member

Comments

i'd like to think that it will effect the 'worth' of it. A legit, licensed, officially commissioned print should be worth way more than some lame attempt by some weasel trying to make a buck off of loyal collectors and fans. Bottom line is these things need to get nipped in the bud because essentially they are taking the value from those who wait to get that call and follow with the guides of the brand.

any fan that is supporting these hacks is just hurting themselves and their community.

Premium Member

Comments

i've been trying to talk to the eb community for a long time about these unauthorized prints. in the end the collectors just don't care. if they like the movie or tv show they don't give a shit if the print is legit or not.

i don't get it. i'm about done buying stuffs. i need to find a Horkey Whale Bone Grove and then sell a bunch of stuff.
    is it happening? my junk frozed up - vastagh

Comments

I asked them out right if they care. I wonder if they'll respond.

Comments

Honey Badger don't give no shitz, I'll tell you that much.

Comments

phoon, as retardzors as he may be, is correct. I got my answer:

EB Forum • View topic - G88 Breaking Bad ARG/Gallery SHOW?!?!? (RUMOR)

these menz give no shatz

Premium Member

Comments

they just keep saying the same thing over and over. they don't care about legitness and furthermore a lot of the time the collectors feel compassion for the bootleggers. the collectors don't think it's fair that some unknown artist can't make a Breaking Bad poster just because they don't have a licence. They in no way want to accept the argument that you need to have permission to profit on the back of someone elses work. they don't get that many people work hard to make Breaking Bad great, and that it's not cool to steal what they created and profit from it.

it just annoys me so much. i'm going to go drink a bunch and watch Peyton Manning

also sell me your Whale Bone Grove.
    is it happening? my junk frozed up - vastagh

Premium Member

Comments

i guess we'll just leave it up to the lawyers. it's real easy to send a cease and desist.

Comments

I am throwing some counter-arguments back in their faces that they seem to have a difficult time defending against. I believe I may have upset a few of them.

WBG is hanging proudly above the fireplace! come and get it, edhardy.

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by vastagh View Post
    i guess we'll just leave it up to the lawyers. it's real easy to send a cease and desist.
    my feeling is that since this has come to such a major thing with the rise of mondo, studios will be on the lookout and cracking down.

Jesus, all it takes is for one lawyer to stumble across Expresso beans and start sending out C&D emails to each artist dumb enough to link to their own page.