Gig Posters

Posters: 154460 | Bands: 134614 | Designers: 11442                 

RSS Feeds

Username:   Password: 
Register      

Social Networking Activity                 

Bands  Designers  New Arrivals  Top Lists  Forums  Buy Posters  Submit  Merch Store  Advertise  Widgets  Help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Comments

Default Kyle Gossman, Mario Robert, Matt Schlosky & Tripper Dungan @ Goodfoot

The Goodfoot will have an art opening last Thurs Aug 30th from 5-12. The show will be up until Sept 24th. This months artists are Kyle Gossman, Mario Robert, Matt Schlosky and Tripper Dungan

Kyle Gossman, I first encountered the creatures as a young boy in my home State of New Mexico, since then they find me wherever I go. Most of the beings seem to pose no threat but have a much more complex and worthwhile agenda. Although I have learned little about these visitors over the years I have absorbed some important insights. They seem to visit me (and I assume they must visit others) only at necessary moments. What I mean by this is that they have an invested interest in my mind. The creatures know my thoughts and feel it necessary to intervene when certain patterns arise. I have learned that they become enraged when my thoughts start leading me into a dull, routine, and mediocre perspective; they know when I have lost sight of the STRANGNESS of experience. This is why they visit. They visit to reinstill the Strange… the mysterious, the complex, the overwhelming, the chaotic, the entangled, the limitless, the stunning beauty as well as the grotesque, the pleasures and pains of thought, the emotional extremes of experience, most of all they remind me to have gratitude and awe for existing in such a bizarre, fascinating, and incomprehensible world. The creature’s dealings with me are more complex and significant then I can imagine but I know the purpose must be of highest necessity. I present these images of beings and morphed monstrosities that I have encountered to help remind others of the Strange, of how little we know, how foolish we can be, and how wrong we are to look at life as a Normal occurrence. The beings have showed me just how harmful Normalcy is, not just to my own mind but to the species. Please consider it of extreme importance to maintain your perspective of the STRANGNESS.

Mario Robert started painting on the border of El Paso Texas and Juarez Mexico when he was 16. He watched the grip get tight on the border after much violence. That greatly affected his views of the world as the beautiful city of Juarez became more and more of a bloody ghost town. After moving to Portland with his wife and witnessing the sheer kindness of the natives a change in perspective occurred. He now creates his paintings with new motivation and inspiration fueled by the love experienced on a daily basis walking through the strange and mysterious streets of Portland.

Matt Schlosky’s art work reflects the world that dwells within the sub conscious. His work is inspired by myths, ancient cultures, tribal art, nature, comic books, video games, Art Nuevo, Bauhaus, graffiti, life, love, stress and setbacks. One of the greatest aspects of creative expression, is the ability show the world your unique perspective. That’s what Matt spends his days doing. Matt was born and raised in Rochester, NY. He has been drawing, creating, and flexing his imagination since he was a wee lad. In 2001 he received a scholarship to the Columbus College of Art and Design. In 2005 he received a BFA in Industrial Design with a focus in Toy Design. After completing school, Matt decided to answer the call of the creator and began painting. He figured you live once, and he would rather make the art he wanted than redesign a refrigerator for a client. Drawn to the creative glow of the bay area, Matt moved to San Francisco for a year where he made art and soaked up many great experiences. After a year in the bay he moved to the Portlandia and has been creating here for the past four years. He creates paintings made up of fun, weird, and beautiful creatures. His paintings are filled bright vibrant colors and graphic lines. In His carrier he has worked for clients such as Proctor and Gamble, Beni Hani, Jack Daniels, The City of Portland, the Columbus Zoo, Revol Cell phones, Quest Love, Pete Shapiro, Radio Popper and more. His art work comes from the stream of conscious/ imagination. Painting imagery from the subconscious captivates him like hearing a good story. He finds the painting process similar to a page turning book. He can’t wait to see what crawls out of his head and on to the canvass next.
    Matt loves what he does and he hopes you do to :} Big Love

Tripper Dungan, When I was a kid I wanted to be either a banker, a beach bum, or an artist. In hindsight I realize I picked the hardest one. I can't say I regret it though. I'm a person that thrives on mental stimulation, new experiences, revelations, exploration, and self propulsion. Riding my bike and walking help inspire and invigorate my creative process. I want to say my art is reflective of my life, but when i think about it, my childhood was uncertain and tumultuous at times. I moved a lot; at the most it was 9 times in a year, through apartments, town houses, motels, campgrounds, and cars. I had a bunch of stepdads, none of which left to much of an impression on me. I lived in rough neighborhoods, and got beat up, chased, and harassed for being a white skater kid in Las Vegas. That said, I have to say I went to a great magnet high school where I learned a lot and made some great friends. I *started to developed my style and create a work ethic around my art. I would stay late after school and paint until the janitors kicked me out. On the second to *last day of school, my senior year, a couple of my friends and I stayed at school until 2 in the morning working on art. The school police ended up chasing us out. We roamed the streets of old Vegas, witnessing some horrendous things in the wee hours and sleeping on the lawn of some small law firm in the neighborhood. Some say that good art has to communicates a story or emotion. My art is happy, curious, at times surreal, psychedelic, and always cartoony. I guess I'm inspired by escapisms such as animals, music, food, and vintage toys. I don't always want to convey a story more than I want to inspire a story or touch on the outskirts of a condition. I believe my most ambitious goal as an art maker is to make my viewers brain shut down for a second. A blissful moment of reboot where the brain is trying to figure out what the hell is going on but knowing full well it's just nonsense.

Facebook event here
    Art Opening: Kyle Gossman, Mario Robert, Matt Schlosky & Tripper Dungan @ Goodfoot | Facebook

we will have everything from the show online sun Sept 2nd here
    The Goodfoot » Page not found
    The Goodfoot
    2845 SE Stark
    503-239-9292
    Portland, OR 97214**
    Kyle Gossman, Mario Robert, Matt Schlosky and Tripper Dungan at Goodfoot Gallery
    Goodfoot on facebook*Goodfoot Art | Facebook
    open daily 5-2:30

upcoming art events

-------------------------
    Every Sun Drink & Draw - at the Goodfoot

Comments

Opens this Thurs
    few for the show

Comments

Opens tonight
    few for the show

Comments

you can now view and purchase everything from the show here.

few for the show

Comments

few for the show

Comments

few for the show

Comments

few for the show

Comments

few for the show

Comments

This page has many lovely picture. i really enjoy it. Thank you for your nice post.

Comments

few for the show